+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Card for 125+ FPS - Please Recommend

Junior Member BreakingScience is on a distinguished road
    Wish I was rich but I got the i7 2 years ago and it's sat in it's box since(Ironically because I ran out of cash to finish the build I was planning at the time). I've only just spent 80 on the ud3r and ram as I got them second hand on E-bay, so please send me some cash - it's for a good cause My bro used to have a 9800 GTX in his XPS laptop and that stopped being able to handle quake. Any other recommendations ?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    I'd get a nvidia just to avoid potential silly small annoying issues. AMDs/ATI always have that sort of problems lol.

Which one....no need to get something excessive. It's just QL after all, for example I use a 9600gt, but if I were you I'd get something in the upper middle since you have a great pc (so you can run every game maxed out) and buying the very top is a waste of money (been there done that).
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-07-2012 at 02:33 PM.

possible contenders that I have eliminated due to people having issues with them! (searched the forum) :
    GTX 460, GTX 470, ati 5870, GTX 560, but maybe as IKaruga said it's a bit of a lotto and these people were unlucky.

I'm not planning to play anything else. Yes, it's only QL, but finding a card to run it is a *****! Hows the 9600s FPS?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    As I said, it's an old card and all but it's 125fps. QL runs on everything; I think even my nvidia 9600gt is excessive to run it.

But get something better so you can run newer games too. And if you simply don't want to play anything else (you will want to after trying lets say project cars) it's a good idea having something better than a 9600gt for the upcoming QL sequel called reborn (2 more years, made by players not by id).

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingScience View Post
    I'm not planning to play anything else. Yes, it's only QL, but finding a card to run it is a *****! Hows the 9600s FPS?
    Can you link the page where you can buy used cards in your region?

http://www.ebay.co.uk Thanks man.

What PSU are you going to use with the config, how old is it or how much did you use it before.

I've got a rusty dieing desktop in my room which I'm pretty sure has a 500W PSU - probably 6 years old, but it lives. Used it personally for around a year but got the machine second hand.
    Last edited by BreakingScience; 11-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.

I've got a rusty dieing desktop in my room which I'm pretty sure has a 500W PSU - probably 6 years old.
    Forget installing anything new with a 6 years old PSU, trust me on this, I want good for you. You start feeding an i7 and a discrete card with such a dated PSU, and you gonna end up looking a black screen one day.

What's your max budget on the video card, perhaps a PSU and a card is possible from the amount you have .

edit: gonna go play some quake, but I will check back on this thread tomorrow... gn
    Last edited by Ikaruga; 11-07-2012 at 03:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread