+ Reply to Thread

Thread: toggleconsole command

Junior Member V1R4L is on a distinguished road

toggleconsole command

Hi,

Well, Iīve found out its possible to bind a different key than the "^" to toggle the console on/off. well, nice but.. "^" STILL activates the console =D

is there a way to unbind the "^" ?
    and no.. it didnīt work putting "unbind ^" into my cfg
    also when I disabled console... because my other key (F9) doesnīt work then, too.

I wanna do this because Iīve a german setted keyboard. So I can not use the ^ in console for doing color**** for example...

tnx,

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    you could use /com_allowconsole "0" which would mean you need ctrl+shift+^ making it pretty unlikely that you'd hit it by mistake

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    i think ctrl+alt+tilde (tilde is the key under esc, so the key left to the 1) always brings down the console on any given keyboard layout, even if com_allowconsole is 0.
    Also, if you don't want to reset your entire cfg, just open the cfg file in a text editor, and change the "bind" to "unbind" in the desired line.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    oops, ofc I meant ctrl+alt, not ctrl+shift - and yeah I assumed that his ^ symbol is where the tilde is on qwerty keyboards

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    It's probably tilde but he doesn't know how to write it
    ~

either way, com_allowconsole 0 wins

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    He has a german keyboard layout though, which I guess looks like this:

http://clasfaculty.ucdenver.edu/tphi...keyboard-a.jpg

I believe in this case QL binds it to the ^ key, so with com_allowconsole 1 he has a problem typing the '^' character.

It would be nice if he could still have the convenience of com_allowconsole 1 and just bind the console to a different key. Unfortunately I don't think you can 'unbind' that corner key in QL.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    That bind is indeed hard-coded into the engine. The toggleconsole command is just legacy from Q2... which let you change the bind.

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Also, if you don't want to reset your entire cfg, just open the cfg file in a text editor, and change the "bind" to "unbind" in the desired line.
    This won't work because default configs get synchronized every time QL starts. Just create separate *.cfg file and exec it during the game.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by namad View Post
    This won't work because default configs get synchronized every time QL starts. Just create separate *.cfg file and exec it during the game.
    That's one of the great myths. I understand that it was like that once, and that is how it supposed to word, but it's not working like that, not for me at least. I have three PCs, I don't use autoexec.bat, and I always have to manually move all the changes I make on any of the PCs to the other ones.
    The other thing is that reseting the cfg on the profile page won't reset every settings, and you have to manually /clearcvar some of them.

But you are right in this case, because the tilde will get synced indeed.
    Last edited by Ikaruga; 11-07-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Junior Member V1R4L is on a distinguished road
    thats exact what I mean ^^

Iīd bind the "toggleconsole" to F9 manually in my cfg.
    Ye, but tilde or what this key is called on US-kb is still active, so...

guess, Iīve to try this com_allowconsole thig x)

other option would be to set kb to EN? xD

+ Reply to Thread