+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEXT DEVPICK SUGGESTION! [id devs] please READ!

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar

Exclamation NEXT DEVPICK SUGGESTION! [id devs] please READ!

I have an awesome idea for the next devpick! Here we go, the name will be PQ4 (play quake 4) it will have - quake 4 movement which haves SLIDING (better than air control) to slide in quake 4 you need to know how to strafe, you strafe and when you hold crouch button it slides and makes you faster then you jump strafe a little more then there is a wall which you want to go behind, you strafe the end of the wall comes you slide holding crouch button and a/d until you are on the other side of the wall! And maybe add some quake 4 maps like - THE ROSE please please please please please!

Banned nephie_cc is an unknown quantity at this point
    i haven't see a devpick in ages ....

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    devpicks have been replaced by samplers (red rover, domination, freeztag ectect) for what i know

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    So now the devs can focus on the actual game and its many bugs, instead of focussing on devpicks.
    Note the usage of the word 'can'. They will probably just eat donuts instead

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    If you want to play quake4 go play quake4, if there are any players left.

There are nearly 20 players left, the last time i played there were 2 players and 4 servers.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    We haven't been running DevPicks namely because of the Sampler servers, and the new Start a Match which lets players run their own. A devpick involving Q4 maps and Q4 physics would be a whole mod of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    So now the devs can focus on the actual game and its many bugs, instead of focussing on devpicks.
    Note the usage of the word 'can'. They will probably just eat donuts instead
    The time spent "focusing" on devpicks was a few minutes on a Friday afternoon. They're not being done as they're a bit redundant, not because they were actually requiring any sort of time investment.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Well I shall be damned. Didn't expect this moment to ever come in my life.
    I'd piss my pants* if you even read my topic about ingame kickvotes and post in there.

*note that the pants-pissing is not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We haven't been running DevPicks namely because of the Sampler servers, and the new Start a Match which lets players run their own. A devpick involving Q4 maps and Q4 physics would be a whole mod of it's own.
    Well, maybe, someday, when there are no bugs to repair, no other game problems, you probably may create a special Gametype called PQ4, because i really want at least a small part of quake 4 in quake live, at least add the rampage reward or something, small or big - i don't care i will be happy (:

+ Reply to Thread