+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laggy Players...

Junior Member AngelisExMortis is on a distinguished road

Laggy Players...

Anyone got any suggestions to help deal with laggy players. I find my self turning up timenudge to -20 just to be able to hit some players at all. Now im not talking about players who straight up chop chop chop consistently but players with a small warp who can dodge are nigh impossible to hit without cranking up timenudge to -20(re: Nemesis).

anything else that can be done to smooth people out? Pretty frustrating to to burning someone up with lg, hit sparks and all and get no damage. Or worse grenades that bounce off the movement box(LoL seriously).

Im thinking there might even be a bug with the movement box sometimes getting in the way of the actual hitbox.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    cl_autoTimenudge = 0?

cl_timenudge 0 is the smoothest for enemies. Other than that not much that can be done.

Using cl_maxPackets 125?

Junior Member AngelisExMortis is on a distinguished road
    some people seem to get smoother when i set timenudge to -20

i generally only use -6.3

and yeah i got maxpackets 125

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelisExMortis View Post
    i generally only use -6.3
    isn't it integer?

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    High value timenudge hurts my eyes. Also, lower values sometimes just make me hit worse. I find it simpler just to keep it at 0.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    isn't it integer?
    In the q3 source:

cl_timeNudge->integer

So most likely yes since QL is likely the same. If this is the case then the 0.3 will be truncated, making it -6.

Junior Member leftovers is on a distinguished road
    Ah laggy players.. oh how I hate thee.. I find it hard to decide whether timenudge makes a difference at all on these people, I just keep it at 0 most of the time, or in hopes of a placebo effect I'll switch it to -20 at times. Some of these people are *always* laggy and thus end up getting a major score due to being intangible, LG is nigh impossible on them even when they move in one direction it'll end up hitting 50% if aimed perfectly. Whether they are on a wireless connection or running downloads in the background, it does not seem to hinder their own aim however.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    left I played on wireless during closed, I never warped on my screen though everyone else said I was. It didn't effect anything for me, but I wasnt getting major packetloss like if I was downloading unix distro's
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*rootsra
    I have the same problem with some players who are harder to hit (they are using timenudge), using myself cl_timenudge -20 and cg_projectilenudge set to myping is the only fix i found

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...o-shoot-faster

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    left I played on wireless during closed, I never warped on my screen though everyone else said I was. It didn't effect anything for me, but I wasnt getting major packetloss like if I was downloading unix distro's
    I have the same issue at home when I play. However, I'm on wifi and I'm 100% aware that it's my connection that's the issue. I used to be able to play without any effects on my end, but now I get lag spikes all the time (and therefore I don't play any more while I'm home on this account)

+ Reply to Thread