+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Infected mode. Let's keep it!

*XLr8R
    We need to get more pro members to start servers like that D: I'm missing that mode already.

Also, could anyone explain the following?

If a pro user starts a server, will all players be able to join the game? Or are those matches available to only pro users? Because honestly, that would suck :/

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    if it's
    - a premium gametype (1FCTF/A+D/DOM/FT/RR)
    AND/OR
    - on premium maps

Only premium and pro users can join

Pro users can spawn standard map servers for CA/CTF/FFA/TDM that anyone can join.

*XLr8R
    Sweet, thanks!

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Only premium and pro users can join
    Close, but not quite right. Every single pro player on a premium level server can invite up to five standard players. Well he can invite more but only five may join at a time.
    I recommend this script to allow friends to get automatic invites : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/107333
    I recommend this script to be able to invite people (even out of your friends list) through the console : https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/134612

Junior Member Toilet_paper is on a distinguished road
    I like this mod too, but indeed it is kinda invites one to behave 'campy'.
    In fact, everyone left not infected is in a way forced to find a spot where one can easily defend himself.
    Like stated before, on top of the castle.
    I've seen a lot of players come up with 'creative' ideas, like crawl throug windows and sit their b*tts on narrow edges to shoot every infected coming too close. Also there was the possibility to 'shoot' each other up ledges unreachable by the infected, by use of the SG.
    Are these forms of 'camping' one could get permanently banned for, or is it just a way of gameplay fed by the charasteristics of the Infectedmod as a whole?
    What's your opinion?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toilet_paper View Post
    Are these forms of 'camping' one could get permanently banned for, or is it just a way of gameplay fed by the charasteristics of the Infectedmod as a whole?
    What's your opinion?
    It's totally legit. I don't play like that but it's legit and logic for survivors to camp.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    It's totally legit. I don't play like that but it's legit and logic for survivors to camp.
    It seems to be one of the very few situations where camping is actually a winning strategy (I mean above T3 ). The novelty has worn off for me But kry has come up with some settings for Infected which are pretty good fun, especially on smaller maps.

btw, camping isn't a bannable offense If you want to sit in one spot and let everyone else grab all the map resources, good luck to you.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member kryty will become famous soon enough kryty's Avatar
    @ DocP: Comment on this instead kry http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post240787

Ok, sure. Comment: Infected doesn't have items, no resources to grab.

Serious comment: Best way to get infected fun is to introduce 1 point / 100 damage. And possibly removing the survivor bonus. Also try it without the mastermind, that's really great. Just need to minimize bonuses for survivors and perhaps only 1/100 damage. And remember to make the zombies move faster, try what's good for you but 1.2 - 1.4 felt good depending on other settings. Also insta (lower starting health, if basic insta, it's bad, all have rail.)
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry View Post
    @ DocP: Comment on this instead kry http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post240787

Ok, sure. Comment: Infected doesn't have items, no resources to grab.
    . I know that. I am a Quake Veteran of great hanging aroundedness. I was referring to camping complaints generally, in CTF or FFA. It's because there are no items in Infected that camping does work.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member Jackzilla is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone of you a good server script for Infected?
    I would like to start a server from time to time

I should use the serach more often... found it here:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...651#post238651
    Last edited by Jackzilla; 11-09-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: searched for it

+ Reply to Thread