+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can i get back to tier 3 on FFA?

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar

Unhappy How can i get back to tier 3 on FFA?

Ok, i am tier 4 and i got there by winning 10 games, i asked before and a guy told me to watch visje's videos, i watched them i tried to play like him but still fail, he said to time items.. I time pu'ps and mega and still i can't win, there are people who have played from day one on tier 4. I am not for tier 4 and i am getting bored of losing all the time. I just won.. But with BFG and regeneration pu control.. Pretty noobish huh? So, how many loses do i need to get back to tier 3? And if i am on other than 1st place do i get down or i get more points which keeps me on tier 4? Or can just an moderator get me back to tier 3 because i'm not for tier 3, i get owned all the time!

[EDIT: I played two more games and i almost won, no need to post replies]
    Last edited by ephix1a; 11-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Just walk, don't run and use only gauntlet. You'll be kicked back in a few games..

But then you'll have some good games.. And back to Tier 4.

The "Cusp" is irritating. That's life kiddo..
    Last edited by swampy; 11-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You don't just need to lose, you need to lose badly. Your score/timePlayed must be among the worst of the server to lose skillrating and eventually drop down a tier. But then when you'll be there you'll just win your games easily and come back to Tier 4 >.> .

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    You don't just need to lose, you need to lose badly. Your score/timePlayed must be among the worst of the server to lose skillrating and eventually drop down a tier. But then when you'll be there you'll just win your games easily and come back to Tier 4 >.> .
    Well, after the game i just lost - it was sudden death 43 - 43 i got panicked and lost because of it. I see that I'm not that noob and i still can win, next time ill play 10 more games before i make a post about tiers! But still, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ephix1a View Post
    I did what you said - only gauntlet without strafing, just to see what will happen here is the result - 2nd place, 39 - 53, 33 Hum. If you don't believe me go on my profile and look for the match with 2 from 13 on Beyond Reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    Just walk, don't run and use only gauntlet. You'll be kicked back in a few games..

But then you'll have some good games.. And back to Tier 4.

The "Cusp" is irritating. That's life kiddo..

I did what you said - only gauntlet without strafing, just to see what will happen here is the result - 2nd place, 39 - 53, 33 Hum on Beyond Reality.
    Last edited by ephix1a; 11-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    If you're used to winning in T3 with any regularity at all, you should probably be in T4.

While team games, you'd expect your win % to be around 50%, in FFA, with 8 players it should be 12.5%. Even with 6 players, it should be 17%. From what I've seen, anyone half decent at all (concept of strafe jumping and switch weapons w/o the mouse wheel) will win close to half of T3 games. Of course, then they'll end up in T4 and win 1/20 because of the depth of experienced FFA players there.

TBH, I'm not horrible at FFA, but I never expect to win a game. Even if a match starts with 4 of us and I'm owning them all, a T5 try-hard will show up half way through and run the table. It's a good challenge for them coming from behind, but it means mere mortals aren't meant to actually win many matches.

+ Reply to Thread