+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: PLEASE a level without the lightning gun

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member TheGardenWeasel is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9

    PLEASE a level without the lightning gun

    The LG ruins quakelive. There is no skill involved, and it is significantly stronger than any of the other weapons. If you wont tone it down any, then please at least make some levels that dont have it. At least 90% of the levels have it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    1) Learn to dodge
    2) Learn to aim with it (Don't bother viewing my profile's stats since they're not accurate)
    3) Buy a subscription and remove the lightning gun from the rotation (and then good luck having any CTF players join it because it'd be a joke)
    4) Learn to post in the correct place on the forum

  3. #3
    Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    1) Learn to dodge
    2) Learn to aim with it (Don't bother viewing my profile's stats since they're not accurate)
    3) Buy a subscription and remove the lightning gun from the rotation (and then good luck having any CTF players join it because it'd be a joke)
    4) Learn to post in the correct place on the forum
    5) You just owned him .

  4. #4
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    once again pikaluva is full of noob infos..

    why would it be a joke? example.. i love using the lg, however i know people who loathe it and i spawned my conjured and well thought-out rocket rail settings for ctf and had hours n hours of fun on it and others did too.

    keep spreading your wannabe knowledge, its amusing. as well as this ephix1a guy who quits midgame to join my team cus he cant bear losing.

    people on the forum are jokes tbh not some settings someone wants to make.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    once again pikaluva is full of noob infos..

    why would it be a joke? example.. i love using the lg, however i know people who loathe it and i spawned my conjured and well thought-out rocket rail settings for ctf and had hours n hours of fun on it and others did too.

    keep spreading your wannabe knowledge, its amusing. as well as this ephix1a guy who quits midgame to join my team cus he cant bear losing.

    people on the forum are jokes tbh not some settings someone wants to make.
    It'd be a joke because most "real" CTF players don't want to play with weapons removed (Other than the TA weapons and runes).
    The players that generally play on the "custom setting" CTF servers tend to be ranked much higher than they should be. In reality, they tend to be ranked as tier tier 4 (100+) when they're not even fully able to strafe (Which also could partially be because they play Space CTF all the time, but that's a different group). I've seen people who are listed as tier 4 on the site join games and ruin them because they're horribly ranked because they play in the custom servers. I'm not going to list names (mainly because I can't think of any names offhand, but also because I'd be breaking rules if I posted their names)

    Most people that complain about the lg are those that a) don't know how to dodge and b) don't know how to use it. That's why I listed the 2 of them first. I also included that if they wanted to remove the lightning gun, that there's the option to do so if they had a Pro subscription. (I know you'll make some big conniption over this for some reason or another, but it's true)

  6. #6
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    all im saying is that over here in europe the options are a lot wider

    people prefer all different kinds of settings and from what i gather people play everything thats spawned, just take a look at euro servers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    How is there no skill involved? How would you explain the inability of most players to hit at least 40% lg then?

    But I agree that more levels without lg would be welcome, like Vertical Vengeance.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    floori.d.a
    Posts
    3,456
    you made this same post last year, give or a take a few days
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

    Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

    Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,974
    Wow. Check this out:

    TheGardenWeasel
    Proximity Mine
    Frags: 1,476, Accuracy: 21%, Use: 54%

    I expected rockets, but no. Frigging Proximity Mine. And he talks about weapons requiring no skill.

  10. #10
    Member TCM is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Wow. Check this out:

    TheGardenWeasel
    Proximity Mine
    Frags: 1,476, Accuracy: 21%, Use: 54%

    I expected rockets, but no. Frigging Proximity Mine. And he talks about weapons requiring no skill.
    That's hilarious, how do you even do that? Haha

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts