+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Quake Live?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    That's great. You may find that the people in the premium servers will be more challenging then those you usually face but on the bright side it may help you improve faster. Have fun!

*Tilestone

So yeah.. What happend?

I went through the server list.. same map rotation..
    Wanted to play dm6 and 17.. Tried creating a bot game.. No maps there, same crap as public map rotation..

Sure, could pay like a lot of other ppl are doing.. But no swedish servers? No real support? So what am i supposed to pay for? A game i already own?(Quake 3 arena)

*Installing q3a*

So, hope the cpma scene is still there.. Since this game is basicly dead when i look at the server list..

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    You read my mind.
    Will buy pro as soon as the devs start doing something ( quake is not included in 'something').
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post

Finally, we are aware of the Swedish location being offline due to hardware failure, and are in contact with the admins. We currently do not have an ETA on restoration.
    Ther ya go ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilestone View Post
    So what am i supposed to pay for? A game i already own?
    You pay for the servers, the centralized architecture with easy-to-use web stuff, friends system and stats as well as the development.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    You pay for the servers, the centralized architecture with easy-to-use web stuff, friends system and stats as well as the development.
    And people to play with. Sure there are q3 servers and a centralized architecture (fraglove I think it's called), but literally no one is playing outside of russia (even more in fraglove's case as those are different servers. Literally 0 people).

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    at the moment, 9am in Australia, there are about 20 servers going, 3 people are playing. btw, we don't celebrate Halloween here. nice change of view but, alas. red rover infected sux.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar
    An argument for CAPTURE THE FLAG players only......please withhold your stupidity for others by bringing up CA, FFA, etc. But when I joined QL in beta, there were regularly 7, 8, 9 capture the flag public servers going on all the time at least up to midnight eastern standard time US, and even late into the night there was always 3-4 going on. I'm talking about 4v4-6v6 full. I am not talking about instaCTF but the standard format. This was the free servers alone, as I wasn't a premium player then, so can't say about prem/pro CTF servers (did they even have them then back in beta??).

Tonight there is ONE (1) single, solitary CTF server that is a standard (free) server in the ENTIRE USA that's playing right now (it's full at 6v6, with some specs), and 0 premium/pro CTF servers active. This is at 8:20 pm tonight: hardly a time when CTF-ers are heading to bed.

There will always be ID lackeys on the forums trying to act like ALL IS WELL with the game, and deny deny deny even if they're the only ones talking to themselves. But anyone who's been logging onto this game since it's beginning and doesn't see it diminishing is simply blind and delusional. And for CTF-ers in particular, this game is essentially dead in the water.....

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantRock44 View Post
    An argument for CAPTURE THE FLAG players only......please withhold your stupidity for others by bringing up CA, FFA, etc. But when I joined QL in beta, there were regularly 7, 8, 9 capture the flag public servers going on all the time at least up to midnight eastern standard time US, and even late into the night there was always 3-4 going on. I'm talking about 4v4-6v6 full. I am not talking about instaCTF but the standard format. This was the free servers alone, as I wasn't a premium player then, so can't say about prem/pro CTF servers (did they even have them then back in beta??).

Tonight there is ONE (1) single, solitary CTF server that is a standard (free) server in the ENTIRE USA that's playing right now (it's full at 6v6, with some specs), and 0 premium/pro CTF servers active. This is at 8:20 pm tonight: hardly a time when CTF-ers are heading to bed.

There will always be ID lackeys on the forums trying to act like ALL IS WELL with the game, and deny deny deny even if they're the only ones talking to themselves. But anyone who's been logging onto this game since it's beginning and doesn't see it diminishing is simply blind and delusional. And for CTF-ers in particular, this game is essentially dead in the water.....
    CTF has been dying for years though. They've been slowly declining ever since the game left beta. The issue now is that all the "veterans" just play in pickups and us tier 4 players are unable to play in the tier 3 servers (which is why we're unable to see most of the games)

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    i would gladly pay for this game if only my pre-paid card worked.

+ Reply to Thread