+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Quake Live?

Member Zita is on a distinguished road

what happened to all the maps

Just returned to quake after a long brake and see that half the maps i use to enjoy are not selectable. So has all the good maps like Camp grounds, Blood run, iron works, furious hights ect all gone over to pro acount only?

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    The maps are on a monthly cycle as to which are standard and which are premium. This month's selection are here and it's due to change again on the 5th of November.

Thanks phlogiston

*EiN5TEiN
    Holy sh1t ! that's why ? thanks Phlogiston but... why such a thing ...?? what about /callvote ??

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EiN5TEiN View Post
    why such a thing ...??
    It allows freebies to get a taste of premium maps and maybe decide to pay to keep them when the rotation takes them away and it gives some diversity too.

Quote Originally Posted by EiN5TEiN View Post
    what about /callvote ??
    I don't like this idea much but it was decided to disable /callvote map on normal standard servers most likely to make premium servers more interesting. Before that, a lot of subscribers never bothered to join premium servers because the standard ones were great already and filled faster. At least now premium/pro servers are used a lot more so people can more easily get what they paid for.

*EiN5TEiN
    yeah that makes sense but i still think that callvote should be ON imho....

*PewPEwRage
    what a joke, this is not the way to get people subscribing

Junior Member V3rm1n4T0r is on a distinguished road
    my wife has a monthly cycle and it sucks too

Junior Member V3rm1n4T0r is on a distinguished road
    ya i wont pay for premium, since the ping doubled about 6 months ago. and it is not my provider.

Well after finding out about the rotation I did get a pro account, it did not seem that much for a yr and now i get to play all the maps i love.

+ Reply to Thread