+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help

Junior Member Xil3d is on a distinguished road

Please help

I have read through a lot of wolfcam guides etc. But what I dont quite get is how you get the demos that you have cut into a video..? For now I have about 134 "segmented" demos that I cut from the full demos. i know if you type /video when playing a demo it records it but is this the only way?

Member DiEntity is on a distinguished road
    /video avins wav name blablabla
    /video jpg wav name blablabla

when you use this for first time, the folder 'videos' is created. It contains frames or imgs (for /video jpg) or a .avi (for /video avins) and a wav file (sound recorded)

you need to put together these 2 things into another video with sound. For example, it's possible to do this in virtualdub

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Or u can use Fraps or another program like that. Its just not recommended because the quality is worst, if u want a video with good quality then "/video" in wolfcam is the better option.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Junior Member Xil3d is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the replies. What i still don't get is do i have to /video each and every little 10second demo? So it will make and avi for each demo?

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xil3d View Post
    Thanks for the replies. What i still don't get is do i have to /video each and every little 10second demo? So it will make and avi for each demo?
    Mm, u type /video to start recording and /stopvideo to stop it (or it will automatically stop when demo ends) it just works the same as /record demoname (since u said u have cut some demos before).

You get a video file (avi or jpg file) and a sound file (wav file), then u need to put them together with the program VirtualDub, then u get ur final video ready for edit as ur movie.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Just for the record, if you do "/video avi" you've got video *and* sound together already.

+ Reply to Thread