+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8

Banned hellwar is on a distinguished road

windows 8 pro not working for quake

every time when i load up a game for quake i join then it just freezes then i check ping its 999 then i check it again its 79 and its still freezing and everything is slow so if i put tab on it will come up in 30 seconds plz help

Member CCVendetta666 is on a distinguished road
    I have similar issues.
    "Awaiting Gamestate" takes ages. Sometimes I hear already "Prepare to fight" when I still have the "Awaiting Gamestate" screen in front of me.
    Than suddenly the game quits with a strange failure message "Cl_timeframexxxxx -> old.servertimeframe.xxxx" something likes this. It is not the eactly message but something with the sync of time between client and server.

Also the voting behaves strange.
    1. Game Ends - Voting is acvtive but I can not vote
    2. Voting Ends - Voting restarts again and I can vote

Next issue is chat after game ends and goes hand in hand with the voting issue
    1. Game ends -> my chat message will not be transfered (Voting 1st round)
    2. Voting 2nd round -> my chat message will be transfered and sometimes also old messages (Voting 1st round) will be displaye now.

Another one is my netgraph:
    I have continously high red spikes in my netgraph which I did not had before. Also a lot of enemies are warping or simply poping up infront of me. Very often I have the feeling that e.g. my rocket is slower than I.

And the last one I recognize:
    Very often I'm not able to connect to a server

Member T1z3R is on a distinguished road
    having the same problem since upgrading to win8pro last night.

no solution yet

Junior Member markds is on a distinguished road
    I can't even install QL using IE10. I don't want FireFox if I can help it.

It installs the plugin, but instead of downloading the necessary files I get a fatal error and "An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page". But there is no second instance running.
    Last edited by markds; 10-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Member T1z3R is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by markds View Post

It installs the plugin, but instead of downloading the necessary files I get a fatal error and "An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page". But there is no second instance running.
    dont use IE at all. get QLPrism, it works fine besides the problem I am having above.

Junior Member zenzei is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I've filed a support request - Quake admins, could you acknowledge you're working on this?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Pro Account

Member QLPT is on a distinguished road
    been running windows 8 RTM for 2 months, absolutely 0 problems. i use qlprism

Junior Member malphal83 is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same "Fatal Error" message. Since windows 8 Pro installation. Portal 2 didn't work for the first two days and then it recovered after I uninstalled it and then reinstalled. Maybe that is what I should do with QL.

Junior Member malphal83 is on a distinguished road
    nothing so far works to return QL. Don't know what to do. I don't really think QL will let me know if they do get a fix. How does one contact QL support?

Member sekular is on a distinguished road
    I reported this problem when the dev preview was released (1 year ago?) One of the reasons why I have avoided blocks 8 (tm), the primary reason being the abomination that is the immersive ui.

+ Reply to Thread