+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Infection suggestion

*carlwinslow

Infection suggestion

This mode is hilarious to me, but on some maps you can rj to places that are hidden from mastermind (ex. sacullem) even though you can get to the spot with the middle jp. My suggestion is adding a grapple hook to those that are infected. I think that will help out with some of the problem spots with this mode.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Or jetpacks.

*carlwinslow
    haha yeah jetpacks would be awesome.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Well you should already be able to give jetpacks. The only difference would be that everyone will have them; not only the zombies.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    How can you RJ having only an SG? :)

It's obvious that some maps will work better than others for any given game mode, that's no big deal and not a reason to give everyone jetpacks :) Just vote against maps that are too easily camped, problem fixed :)

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    My suggestion would be PQL movement for the infected - most of the hiding places are just out of reach from normal strafing and with some ramp-jumping and a touch of extra speed I think they could be busted

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Plasma climbing the center wall in Fatal Instinct is actually a problem.

As the infected we tried to jump on eachother's heads to get into the middle wall, but we kept getting shot down!

It was pretty funny to watch though. Classic braindead zombie stuff.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    My suggestion would be PQL movement for the infected - most of the hiding places are just out of reach from normal strafing and with some ramp-jumping and a touch of extra speed I think they could be busted
    I like this idea.

The main challenge I see in this mode (the few games I've played) is that there seems to be a couple places on each map where you can hole up and be fairly protected, which drags some rounds out a bit too long.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMike View Post
    Plasma climbing the center wall in Fatal Instinct is actually a problem.
    I'm sure plasma climbing is not possible on infected (no self knock-back). The survivors probably got there by jumping on eachother's heads, like you tried to.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    I like this idea.

The main challenge I see in this mode (the few games I've played) is that there seems to be a couple places on each map where you can hole up and be fairly protected, which drags some rounds out a bit too long.
    Having played a lot of suicidal games last night (being a zombie is sooo much fun), there were only a couple of unbreachable places as a solo Zombie - what does work for most of these is standing below and jump+pummeling another zombie up from an alternate route - or just waiting for a few other people (use team chat to organise) so you can make an attack en-masse.

So yeah, ramp jumping would probably make most of these attackable on your own, what might also help is changing step-height for zombies

+ Reply to Thread