+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Swedish servers?

Junior Member sCaz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dekket View Post
    The lack of input from the people responsible for QL is astounding...
    A server is like, what... 60-80k SEK? Not a big deal compared to losing every single prem/pro subscriber in this hemisphere. Me included. That figure is for an off-the-shelf server with 32GB RAM, 4x120GB SSD and plenty of processors to run 20 virtual servers at once. It would be sad if the crew behind QL can't make that work.

This whole situation is even more unacceptable now that non-subscribers can't even join all maps. First you launch a programme to get people to pay, only to rid this hemisphere of the strongest selling point?

It wouldn't be so bad if only the crew would respond!
    Well, if ID don't think they can manage the cost of keeping their reputiation as the mother of all pro gaming it's like; "Hello, any new donor who can rightclick -> new server and install + give us remote access?". I think there is alot of people that could support that. However, it would as you said be great if someone started with saying "Hello" after two weeks with some status on the current situation.

Forum moderators won't even bother with a response. DreamHack provided us with information that the Swedish site has "broken" and they are investigating if they are going to replace it. Meanwhile, QL forum moderators seems unable to communicate and I don't really know why :-(

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-servers/page5

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Because "we" are not admins. We don't work for id and simply don't know anything beyond what the devs would happen to post in this case.
    I would love to see those servers back online for you all. i'm sorry i don't have the answers you want.

Ah! But here is some of what we want, some kind of response! :-) Giving sad updates or just a word that there is nothing to say is a thousand times better than no response at all.

I would however be superhappy to read "I know, this is not good. I have emailed X and Y, saying that there is alot of fuzz on the forums regarding the lack of information. Can we prioritize this?".

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dekket View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if only the crew would respond!
    Well, they did respond, sponge himself has two posts in this thread.

But on IRC it has been said that Swedish server's admin was in New York when Sandy struck and he can try getting the server back up only when he's back. This info, if true, is missing from the forum.

Junior Member Hajnz is on a distinguished road
    FFS, can someone please provide ANY information regarding the servers...

Junior Member doi is on a distinguished road
    Please! Just give us some INFO! Got my PRO account for like 3 weeks ago. This isn´t what i´ve bought. The best ping i can get is around 60 on German servers. This is not fun anymore. DO SOMETHING!

Junior Member spett is on a distinguished road
    Any news is the servers yet?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaz View Post
    I am figuring, at this point you will have to carry through some sort of "aftonbladet-popular-anonymous~isch-attack-of-2012" to get any kind response from QL officials. It is most likely that the admins & devs are watching our desperate discussions but ignoring it either by intent or lack of better knowing, which makes this in all even more sad and tragic. Since many years ago I work between businesses and it's is/it organization with really high budget business dev at the level of almost approaching a billion SEK for total annual national capex. I have had the privilege to meet with several companies to hear their story, both world leading like Adobe, Oracle, Sysco aswell as local or national smaller companies like Bredbandsbolaget, Telia Sonera Sv.., E-ON and smaller SP/ISP's. Hearing their stories about their support chain processes over different organizations and divisions aswell as company progress and history should give me enough to back up my following statement;

Via Phone and Email, nationally and globally, contacting QuakeLive staff, Zenimax and IDsoftware, together and individually, from whats been experienced and heard of in 2012 generates the worst handled customer initiated incident or problem.

Sent to Fredrik, Tomas
    Nov 2 (1 day ago)
    Hi,

Any news around this during the week that has passed?

Regards.

---
    Received from Fredrik Nyström fredrik.nystrom@dreamhack.se
    8:26 AM (18 hours ago)

No

/Fredrik
    Boy, aren't you glad you just wasted his time?
    I don't understand why people seem to require id software posting "There has been no news yet". If they haven't posted anything, just assume that there's no news.

Also, check here
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Junior Member Blaqua is on a distinguished road
    Bumb. Still waiting...................

+ Reply to Thread