+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: QLPP14 Site Update - October 23, 2012

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    nice update, keep it up!

Junior Member Nalipotanka is on a distinguished road
    Infected was fun for a couple of rounds, but now people start to abuse Silent Freight map...Everyone learned camp spots, castle top and edges and now there is like 14 people camping on top and 1 infected player tries to reach them via ladder and he gets shot to oblivion every time he tries to reach them, 2 minutes passes and everyone is winning round except the poor infected fellow. I recommend to put some anticamp protection, if someone doesn't move out of certain area for 15 or 30 sec, he gets autoinfected, because there is no point in this mod anymore if someone doesn't apply the recommended change.

Senior Member Smilecythe is on a distinguished road Smilecythe's Avatar
    I think the issue here is that you don't know how to play as an infected.

For instance, you don't need to climb up the ladders if you circle/strafe jump from the upper level at the corner-stairs.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilecythe View Post

For instance, you don't need to climb up the ladders if you circle/strafe jump from the upper level at the corner-stairs.
    Watching the first video now and some spots are pointless without the map names lol (close shots).

edit: Are there still some ...red pits you can fall to without any damage?
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Junior Member Nalipotanka is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilecythe View Post

LOL, dont be a ********.... Man, people camp on the top of the castle both on right and left side of the roof, so, whenever you go to jumppad you get killed immidiately. You don't even get a chance to do circle jump.

EDIT:

Check your score Smile...and mine... Don't know how to play LOL:
    http://www.quakelive.com/r/profile/m...59031fd90/rr/1
    Last edited by Nalipotanka; 10-25-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Junior Member Borganism is on a distinguished road
    Howdy,
    Thanks for the update gang.
    Not sure if you have realised yet but the Adelaide, Australia servers dont let anyone connect anymore. "Cant connect to server with unpure binaries". Looks like they were missed during the update.
    Borg

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalipotanka View Post
    Infected was fun for a couple of rounds, but now people start to abuse Silent Freight map...Everyone learned camp spots, castle top and edges and now there is like 14 people camping on top and 1 infected player tries to reach them via ladder and he gets shot to oblivion every time he tries to reach them, 2 minutes passes and everyone is winning round except the poor infected fellow. I recommend to put some anticamp protection, if someone doesn't move out of certain area for 15 or 30 sec, he gets autoinfected, because there is no point in this mod anymore if someone doesn't apply the recommended change.
    People alrdy get auto-infected after a couple of mins...
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    I think that only bigger problem with Infected mode is the +1 survival bonus. In fact, you can infect a crazy amount of players and still be the 10th or worse on 16/16 server. Or is the whole point just holding "the base" and not leaving to kill the mastermind or infected players? To be honest, i have no clue. (played only 2 games)

Also by giving infected players the ability to do rampjumps an/or ut style double & forward & side jumps (so you can't just +back and get away) would be fun...

Or add +5 aggressiveness bonus, when there is an infected player near you...

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    ATM it stands at:
    3pts for killing Mastermind
    2pts for killing infected
    1pt for killing a survivor
    1pt for lasting longer than a fellow survivor

Basically the key is to survive as long as possible and try and get some FFA-style frags of infected (fire the finishing shot rather than waste ammo/risk yourself hurting fresh-spawns). Personally I dislike this scoring method since I prefer playing as infected - playing a suicidal game (try to pummel mastermind each round) is almost impossible to finish outside of bottom place.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    ATM it stands at:
    3pts for killing Mastermind
    2pts for killing infected
    1pt for killing a survivor
    1pt for lasting longer than a fellow survivor

Basically the key is to survive as long as possible and try and get some FFA-style frags of infected (fire the finishing shot rather than waste ammo/risk yourself hurting fresh-spawns). Personally I dislike this scoring method since I prefer playing as infected - playing a suicidal game (try to pummel mastermind each round) is almost impossible to finish outside of bottom place.
    I'm still reeling from actually winning a game of RR. Infected is great fun, but what does it take to kill the bot..? He seems damn near indestructible. *Frowns*

+ Reply to Thread