+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pro Membership Embarassment

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drewtonium View Post
    So if I have the "Ability to spawn servers", a reasonable person would believe that all players would be allowed to join. Same concept as in back in the original Quake 3 days - when a person starts a server, and flips the bill for it, they let anyone play without the expectation of making some cash.

Get it?
    Not to be rude, but if anyone believed that even after reading the "Ability to invite 5 Standards to join you on Premium servers." then they should learn to read better IMO :/

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Anyone who joined your server would have to have bought the game first ('illegally' obtained copies aside).

Junior Member drewtonium is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Not to be rude, but if anyone believed that even after reading the "Ability to invite 5 Standards to join you on Premium servers." then they should learn to read better IMO :/
    No worries about being rude, pikaluva13. I can work with being direct and wont' be offended by rudeness. I'm good like that and can work with honesty.

With that said, you might want to take a look at the progression (or regression) of the terms of subscription over the course of the last few years, before making a judgement call.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAKEANDBAKE View Post
    I remember renting servers for Q4 out of my own pocket and anyone could join any game any time. I could leave MY server and it would remain public and running. Anyone could use that server whether I was there or not. Any map was available!
    Ok, you were able to pay for a server on Q4... or Q3...... hmmm did anyone mention to you that server creation on its own was free? Alright, you were paying third parties, so, in summary, you paid these third-parties to open up server to people that had paid for the full game which obviously include all the maps and now you are wondering why you can just pay a small 15$ to unlock the full content of an online service to everybody not giving a single dime?

lol, funny this thread is funny
    Last edited by ShaZe; 10-27-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Junior Member ripuup is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaZe View Post
    Ok, you were able to pay for a server on Q4... or Q3...... hmmm did anyone mention to you that server creation on its own was free? Alright, you were paying third parties, so, in summary, you paid these third-parties to open up server to people that had paid for the full game which obviously include all the maps and now you are wondering why you can just pay a small 15$ to unlock the full content of an online service to everybody not giving a single dime?

lol, funny this thread is funny
    Open up servers so that everyone can play! The point is the player pool is dwindling.....moving on! Thats the point I'm gathering from this topic. You rent a server and you actually don't have control over it! Pay more money and you still don't have full control over it!

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    as posted proir Ability to invite 5 Standards to join you on Premium servers. including self is 6 players

and u can invite ANYONE from either friends list or knowing the persons name want to invite using friends addon extension or alt install the newest version of qlprism which can be found on www.qlprism.us

besides anyone can connect to server if you spawn standard therefor if you choose to spawn prem.. then the option remaining is the above. try pickup channels etc for games to start faster..

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by runnyunder View Post
    as posted proir Ability to invite 5 Standards to join you on Premium servers. including self is 6 players

and u can invite ANYONE from either friends list or knowing the persons name want to invite using friends addon extension or alt install the newest version of qlprism which can be found on www.qlprism.us

besides anyone can connect to server if you spawn standard therefor if you choose to spawn prem.. then the option remaining is the above. try pickup channels etc for games to start faster..
    So you have the ability to invite 5 other players without knowing if they will join, and at inconvenience to yourself. After you send out the invites, you sit on an empty server and wait..... and wait..... and wait......

Wow, what a great product. I know people want to pay for that for sure!

Have fun with that.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    So you have the ability to invite 5 other players without knowing if they will join, and at inconvenience to yourself. After you send out the invites, you sit on an empty server and wait..... and wait..... and wait......

Wow, what a great product. I know people want to pay for that for sure!

Have fun with that.
    pro spawned servers are in use a lot more than before.. besides when some friends join.. you can always ask them if they know any others that would join with an invite, therefor reducing the time spent.

pickup channels work better thou tbh at least for tdm games in EU and CTF to a fair degree..

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by runnyunder View Post
    pro spawned servers are in use a lot more than before.. besides when some friends join.. you can always ask them if they know any others that would join with an invite, therefor reducing the time spent.

pickup channels work better thou tbh at least for tdm games in EU and CTF to a fair degree..
    No kidding they work better, unless of course, you are on the West Coast of NA, in which case they work not at all.

The player base is drying up. Pickups are still possible in NA, but only on East Coast US servers. Casual gaming with people at similar skill level has pretty much disappeared unless you get lucky or are willing to spend inordinate amounts of time waiting.

This is a downward spiral no amount of spin can make this look good. (Comment not directed at you but certain other people on the server).

Also, has anyone noticed that the pro-spawned servers seem to be more laggy than id's official servers?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-30-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Member Heafmo is on a distinguished road
    And 40 per year for something that doesn't even come close to the functionality of Xbox live? You'd have thought they would have graced us with the privelege that OP suggests. I understood what I signed up for when getting pro, I read the terms, I mainly wanted to support this game and throw some money in to, hopefully, help ID grow the game. When we're paying this much do you really need to limit so many other free players.

I know it's idealistic but, give more priveleges and get a larger sustainable playerbase then lower subscription fees and profit. We really want this game to live a fuller life.

You're like the main beneficiary of your dying grandad, not giving him the full care and attention he needs to live the rest of his life to the fullest because you're more concerned about that will.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-13-2012 at 06:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread