+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to not kill Quake Live

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Dear SkillSilla, I don't remember QL servers in Finland.

If you searched the forum, you'd find a thread about Swedish server. Their local host has network problems and is looking into it.

If you want to ping lower to servers, try finding a better ISP in your city, there is nothing QL can do for you if you ping 100 ms to places 1000 km away (theoretically possible ping: 7 ms).

Junior Member Dragon is on a distinguished road Dragon's Avatar
    theirs alot of premium players just join any ctf servers and press TAB and see how many players got subscriptions , people who dont have subscriptions are either new players or still players who is thinking of buying...

Junior Member SkillSilla is on a distinguished road
    @CeXeC

I got no subscription and i have been around for 2 years.. I just donīt have 50€ or Credit card :P

Really ? I tought there were Finnish servers long time ago..

However itīs easy to say that find better ISP but yeah...

I live in Estonia ... and in a Village so thatīs terrible .. my internet speed 2MB and i pay exactly 29.18€ for that per month...

Also I am under 18 so itīs not even up to me if i would want to find better ISP or not..

The sad thing is there is no better ISP here ...

I know itīs not related to quakelive and Iīm glad to hear that the Swe servers are back up soon enough.

I donīt really complain as long i can play in the 50 ping servers..Only the 5 circling maps get reapitive hehh :P

*Jericho1
    OK guys I just came back online after 5 months of no computer. I come back online and the game has almost no one in it. It looks like everyone quit and all. In 5 months I feel because of the inability to choose maps and the lack of maps allowed for you to play on has forced many of us players to quit this game and leave forever. The problem is most of us play quake for fun, some of us buy pro or prem to get bonus things to play around with. But now QL restricts every aspect of the game. Many of us pro and prem players quit because most people used to play on the public servers. But now with everyone quitting from these new restrictions pro and prem players will quit because you will only be able to play with the same players over and over in your server. I believe these new restrictions are going to lead to the death of this game much quicker now . Most of my friends on my former account have already quit the game and I feel I will be doing so too. No dm6 no ztn no CTF4 on public servers. Then we all drop the game. Sorry Quake but taking away the favorite maps will take away the customers and the potential for customers.

Member Heafmo is on a distinguished road
    This is silly, surely there's some kind of initiative whereby people with pro accounts could kindly create games for the masses. I imagine some kind of forum. I'd be willing to create a server and I'm sure many others will too, and also be tempted to try out a new gametype like CTF or spacewhatever (never heard of it) in the process. There's no reason why quake should die, you're all watching it die and you cba to do anything about it, it's lolarious.

Also leveluptv not saying how they get such luxurious yet high visibility graphics... I'm sure many of us would appreciate our gaming time much more in quake if we could all get it to look like that (I managed something similar so nothing to cry about, just a thought).

Junior Member Sir_Broon is on a distinguished road
    well jericho I'm backin u up with that one!!!!

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heafmo View Post
    This is silly, surely there's some kind of initiative whereby people with pro accounts could kindly create games for the masses. I imagine some kind of forum. I'd be willing to create a server and I'm sure many others will too,
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...lan-of-charity

*BabyGravy
    I love so many of these threads. They all seem to be about the same things, no players, can't do this or that anymore and if you don't like it just send us some money???

I cancelled my subscription because everytime I turned aroun something was being changed for the "lesser" not more. Only these maps at these times with this many players.

For me personally, I can't stand that there is only certain maps to play on in FFA and have to wait a month for something different. #2 I really hate that there can only be 8 players at a time on a server. Of course there are the guys that love to say and I quote "8 players is plenty, if there's more than 8 it gets too crazy"

When in fact what the person should of said is "8 players works for me and seeing that 8 is all the server will do works great for me" Ya, if I like a server with 12 or 16 players, well I'm outta luck. One more reason I don't send QL any loot.

Why can't we have both? Have 8 player max servers like we do now and 12-16 player servers for those of us that like it "crazy" No one said you have to join a server with over 8 people in it, you have a choice. I don't get a choice, it's either play on a 8 players server that "you" like or don't play at all. OR lemme guess, buy a scriptn and start my own, right?

I'll be the first to buy a scrip when they give us some goodies back, like I said, I had a script, sent um money, and choices got taken away. Not making that mistake again.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    @ babygravy 16 players is possible...

*BabyGravy
    Didn't say it wasn't possible, but I have yet to find a 12-16 player FFA server near me.

+ Reply to Thread