+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Config's and Mouse sensitivity?

*MpT

Config's and Mouse sensitivity?

Hey, people have been telling me to get a config. If I find a config somewhere how would I apply it? How do I use it? Also, default mouse sensitivity in Quake is 5? What sensitivity do the Pro's use? (with 400 dpi) Also how do I disable mouse-accel in Quake-Live?

I've been a pro CS player for 7 years and have decided to attempt to get good at a completley different style game

Thanks

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Who cares what the Pros use. Just find something that you can work with. Just keep adjusting settings until you find something that you like. (and if you really cared what my mouse settings are, it's 6.14 sensitivity with 1000 dpi)

*MpT
    Do you know how to disable mouse acceleration in-game? And do you know anything about configs?

cl_mouseaccel 0 to turn off the mouse acceleration

Yes, I know about configs. What did you want to know about?

*MpT
    Where can I download a good one I can experiment with/edit myself. And how do I use them? Like where am I ment to put them to allow them to work in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by MpT View Post
    Where can I download a good one I can experiment with/edit myself. And how do I use them? Like where am I ment to put them to allow them to work in-game?
    You can find several on the forum randomly, but I don't really know of any specific place where you can find a "good" one. To edit the one you've got at the moment, go into a server, open the console (How-to) and type
    /writeconfig EDITCONFIG
    To see the cfg, go to
    C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
    (I'm assuming you're on Windows 7 and I'm assuming that you used "Aaron" as your username, if not then change it to whatever you use. If you're not on Windows 7, let me know and I'll give you the correct location)
    and find the one called "EDITCONFIG". In there, you'll be able to see your cfg and can edit settings in there. However, in-game to retest the cfg, you'll need to "/exec EDITCONFIG" in the console.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MpT View Post
    Hey, people have been telling me to get a config. If I find a config somewhere how would I apply it?
    See the "Ultimate quake live guide" in this getting started section, it has all the info on that.

Also, default mouse sensitivity in Quake is 5?
    Default sensitivity in QL is 4 as far as I know.

What sensitivity do the Pro's use?
    Depends on the pro.

Also how do I disable mouse-accel in Quake-Live?
    It's off by default, however the cvar is cl_MouseAccel like Pika said.

I've been a pro CS player for 7 years and have decided to attempt to get good at a completley different style game
    Awesome.

If you want a clean template config to work with I have one here:

http://pastebin.com/EQTVHbXR

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Who cares what the Pros use.
    Pro configs are a good template to start with.

TC, I strongly recommend trying out Stermy's config and HUD to start with. It's very beginner-friendly (I came from playing at a reasonably high level in Battlefield 2). It's what I did, and from there I copied bits from EmSixTeen and also made my own modifications. You can see what my config looks like in some of my videos (and even download it on esreality, but I suggest getting Stermy's).

Needless to say, whenever trying out someone else's config, make sure you change the keybinds to what you're comfortable with.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    You can set almost everything in the menu, you don't need to "mess" with configs if you don't want to. You can make a custom HUD here.

ps.: just make sure you are prepared to getting destroyed for months if not years;=) GL & HF

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    2gd did an extensive config tutorial, but he mostly used the ingame options, check it out

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/b/315398719

+ Reply to Thread