+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tier 4.. Why!?

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    You're catching on quick. I suggest you watch my railgun tutorial. It's short and simple.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Same as I said before, watch youtube videos. Now that you more or less understand ffa now you should watch duel, tdm and ctf just to get some in-fight tactics and situations (there's a lot more to them but that's what you can appreciate with your skill), as skill levels in those mods are a lot more...leveled instead of nonsense stomping and randomness.
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    Time a few armors and powerups, make sure you stack up before powerups. Oh and LG lots and lots of LG!

Member Ironb4lls is on a distinguished road
    Hey bro,

I went a few rounds with you the other day. Just the fact that you asked for help is promising, and it sounds like you're catching on pretty quickly.

My advice at this stage would be to begin each FFA not with the goal of getting first place, but with the goal of improving a particular skill. This way, a) you're improving a skill, duh, and b) you're not so stressed if you're falling behind on the leaderboard.

Dedicate a few rounds to nothing but getting a sense for when the RA is going to reappear (i.e. how much time you have for fighting, and how far you can stray, before you have to return to the RA spawn). Dedicate a few to placing rockets, minimizing your deaths, etc. And you'll start seeing a lot more of those top three finishes.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    I suggest playing while drunk, on a friday night against some tier 4 gods. that will either put you back to tier 3, possibly make you vom from motion sickness or evolve the art of drunken monkey Quake. this is why I suck and rock at the same time, tier 3 tier 4 tier 3 tier 4 tier 3 tier 4 etc....

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    There's no such a thing as drunken master gamer. Actually playing drunk is a very nerdy way of trying out the effects of driving under the influence of alcohol, if you have a wheel.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Actually playing drunk is a very nerdy way of trying out the effects of driving under the influence of alcohol, if you have a wheel.
    It actually feels like trying to fly a helicopter with the tail rotor shot out but meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

+ Reply to Thread