+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tier 4.. Why!?

*br0fessiona1

Tier 4.. Why!?

For some reason I got put in Tier 4 FFA. I love FFA and I was happy for the first few weeks of playing (I would win and lose equally and every game was close). Then QL up-tiered me to 4 and I don't know why. Now when I go into ANY FFA, I get completely rocked like 2-30 every match. How long of getting completely owned until QL will be like "Oh darn, this guy actually sucks!" and put me back into a correct tier? If I stay on the bottom of tier 4 much longer, then it's goodbye QL. I understand losing is a "learning experience" but damn, I don't want to learn THAT hard every damn game.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Junior Member eulogy is on a distinguished road
    Dude just keep working on that. Once you start getting frags on tough players you'll start gaining traction and work your way up. It's gratifying!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-08-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You obviously had been doing well enough in Tier 3 FFA that your skillrating got moved up to the Tier 4 level. You're probably near the bottom of Tier 4, but if you keep playing in it, you'll probably be fluctuating from 3 to 4 often until you get better and are able to play in Tier 4 comfortably (Not winning every game, but you'll be able to get in the top 3 fairly often)

Just keep playing, and eventually you'll get better

Junior Member Revolver is on a distinguished road
    Sadly, I was/am in the same boat with ffa. Practice with the RG or grenades while you are getting your ass kicked. Its about the only enjoyable thing to do until you go back. The problem is, you will only have about 2-3 games before this crap starts over. You might also try Clan Arena too.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by br0fessiona1 View Post
    I was happy for the first few weeks of playing (I would win and lose equally and every game was close).
    Surely you realize that on a 8 man game, you should win once every 8 games, not two. That's simple : you did so well you got put up a tier. You'll do bad in T4 and come back to T3 eventually. It'll continue like this and you'll spend more and more time on T4 every time because you will improve.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Indeed. As FlashSoul said, you need to think with statistics here. Winning half your games in FFA essentially means you are owning it up against people a lot worse than you are. Keep practicing. Try timing the red armor. That alone will net you wins in Tier 4 FFA.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    If you like ffa that means liking it no matter if you lose. Maybe what you liked was winning every single time.

*br0fessiona1
    Hm, good inputs everybody. @YMCMB: I wasn't winning every single time, I was getting first through third place a lot more often. I'll just use the time in games that there is a quake master to try and watch his movements while working on guns I am terrible at (PG, GL) I guess it is better to be one of the worst in the major league vs one of the better ones in the minors..

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    or youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/visje190...ow=grid&view=0. For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-mz5vC97U&feature=plcp and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kseykqh_Fw&feature=plcp.

Remember to time major items (particularly RA[0:25] and quad[2:00]), use rocket launcher (realistically deals more damage, spam and it's harder to get your kills stolen) , don't die and hopefully learn where the spawns are. Main mistake the guy on the videos does is not timing well.
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Hi Bro - we played a game or two the other day.

Working on specific weapons is one way to take away the sting of a tough match. I think an even better way would be to start focusing on timing as well as specific weapons. Try and time either the MH or the RA and see if you can get it as many times as possible (10 RA's on a medium sized FFA map is failry do-able).

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread