+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2012 Standard Rotation

Junior Member MAR7I is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Ok. You do realize that according to those criteria, dm6 is an awful map, right?

In my opinion, a good CA map has large enough rooms to fight in, interconnected in various ways, always leaving different routes to attack or escape. And that's coming from a non+backer.
    Spillway : Bad because one of the room has a single entry point, which results in camping. (if people use it that way)
    Almost Lost : Good for 3v3. Becomes a bit cluster****ish on 4v4 but still playable.
    Eye To Eye : Bad for normal CA gameplay but good on 2v2 when all you wanna do is fight without any other consideration (like thunderstruck), which is fun from time to time.
    Black cathedral : It is sadly so large that you will most likely always see your enemies from a distance and have to rail the whole game unless you manage to get on their back while they fight a teammate. Great with 8v8 and more. Another issue with the size is when the last 2-more survivors have to meet and fight : you can get unlucky and wait for a while before an encounter.
    Seams And Bolts : Despite being so small it manages to provide distinct places to meet, fight, take cover... Good 2v2 and 3v3 (with teammates that won't let you die alone and lose, although it's their fault; not the map's fault).
    Overkill : Good except for the fact that top is way too advantageous. You rarely see teams gather and fight anywhere else and that gets boring.
    Asylum : Terrible totally open rail***** map with a side of FPS issues for a lot of people.

YES DM6 IS TERRIBLE !
    And for asylum well you're probably just not good enough to understand those things, P4L tried to play like that against us on asylum after we went up 8 - 2 against them, and we still won. It was mostly about experience, we lost a few rounds when they played like that and then skaier just said "**** it, chase them" and we won.
    As for overkill, you usually have to adapt, depending on your spawns you either play top or platform usually.

But really asylum is the best CA map available in the game at the moment. You just need to learn how to play it. It's usually 2 TOP ( near the small bump ) and then 2 on the small bridge thingy, ( not tele exit, the bridge close to the stairs ) that's the best position if you have decent shaft btw. Then again if you only play on public chances are the other guys with you just won't meet at all, and will just +back rail in hand 200 100 and get some points while their team dies and then call other noobs bc they dont do dmg ... It's like this everywhere i mean, even in T4 the vast majority of the players don't know how to play.
    ( As for the fps issues on asylum, use r_dynamiclight 0 and it should be fine )

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ibegurgarden View Post
    holy ****. for everyone *****ing about the map pool - GET PREMIUM. if you can afford to play this game so much how can you not afford $2 a MONTH. then you get to play all the maps all the time! and you don't have to complain about the rotation which you already know is going to contain only a portion of the maps. god damn! get premium!
    This. We people with subs simply don't care about the standard rotation because we are not negatively affected.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ibegurgarden View Post
    holy ****. for everyone *****ing about the map pool - GET PREMIUM. if you can afford to play this game so much how can you not afford $2 a MONTH. then you get to play all the maps all the time! and you don't have to complain about the rotation which you already know is going to contain only a portion of the maps. god damn! get premium!
    many many people like myself.. are subscribers and this game has always lived off the standard activity. (getting prem doesnt make it better!)

expecting that EVERYONE will go prem over night is really a nice joke on your behalf, dont be silly, hush up and control your foulmouthed attitude a bit more kiddo.

as for ymcmb.. lol i think you are dreaming about activity that simply isnt as great as it should be to even backup these arguments.

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    Dang. Another month of playing with people in my friends list on premium servers. And handing out pro invites for those on my friends list who don't have premium.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    The random 3 map choice really isn't... well, random. Yesterday we constantly had the same 3 maps popping up: leviathan, seamsandbolts and dredwerkz for CA. I can't remember what the teamsize was, but still: why not throw in at least one actual random map each time?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    The random 3 map choice really isn't... well, random. Yesterday we constantly had the same 3 maps popping up: leviathan, seamsandbolts and dredwerkz for CA. I can't remember what the teamsize was, but still: why not throw in at least one actual random map each time?
    Was it on a pro spawned server where he might have chosen specifically those in his map pool?

*MisterPing
    I have a Pro subscription and play most of the time on standard server as the premium server are EMPTY for the majority.
    And this cycle map... well i don't enjoy it. Plus I have exactly the same rights as std users : no vote, no nothing.
    I kinda regret having paid;

Junior Member jajec is on a distinguished road
    Ok, this mappool is good enough + king of the hill on public matches.
    This will make me rebuy pro.

Junior Member dSaster is on a distinguished road
    all I see are empty servers for TDM.

*epinema
    InstaCTF almost needs it's own map pool. Maps like Overlord cause severe and infuriating stalemates where everyone leaves and maps like Double Impact quickly turn into speed runs rather than CTF games.

+ Reply to Thread