+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: October 2012 Standard Rotation

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Was it on a pro spawned server where he might have chosen specifically those in his map pool?
    Nope... on standard servers. It happened yesterday as well but that time with blackcathedral, leviathan and spillway with a teamsize of 8. There's no way the map options are random.

Member YourOlympicHer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    These CTF maps are so good that...the servers are completely empty.

Good job QL! One step closer to death!

*I4C
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Nope... on standard servers. It happened yesterday as well but that time with blackcathedral, leviathan and spillway with a teamsize of 8. There's no way the map options are random.
    Map choices are based on size(dunno if server size or total players), from what i heard syncerror say.
    So maybe only those maps were enough to fill that criteria.

Member Holy_Alcoholik is on a distinguished road
    dude what the hell is wrong with these maps
    i only play this big @ss boring maps for ffa
    i see theres proving grounds and lost world i realy used to like them for ffa they never in the vote thingy
    it ****in sux i want 8 people on small map ALL CARNAGE

*Cheeseyballs
    Please Please Please

revert to old voting mode.

I don't mind the Map Pools so much .. but that voting system drives me away from the whole game.

Junior Member Camma is on a distinguished road
    voting system is fine, my problem is that the maps that come up are to do with number of players in the servers, at the moment you can only play 4 different maps in public ca if its 5 v 5, which is ridiculous. maps like spillway and what not are perfectly playable, if not more playable than trash maps like dreadwerkz, then at least you'd get a bit of variety.

I played ca for like 5 maps tonight and the only maps we played were almost lost and black cathedral. I'd just like all the standard maps to have a chance of being voted regardless of number of players in the server.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseyballs View Post
    Please Please Please

revert to old voting mode.

I don't mind the Map Pools so much .. but that voting system drives me away from the whole game.
    The old system is still available in premium servers, which also have all maps.

Sure it can be fine tuned in standard servers, with plenty of ideas here on the forums and on ESR, but in general terms it is a good idea.
    Plus if you don't like not having "CV map" whenever you want then play on premium servers: I haven't played on standards in like more than a month (at most one or two maps then join one when all the 3 vote-able maps are awful).

Junior Member SweetJohnnyCage is on a distinguished road
    You guys should really bring back the mapvote system to regular. I'm a premium member and I think the system you have now is deplorable. It's literally PREVENTING people from enjoying the game at all. The mentality is "oh I have to play this **** map for 10+ minutes in order to HOPEFULLY select a map I want to play". Come on, id.

Junior Member wonderchicken is on a distinguished road
    There really ought to be some kind of freakin' indicator for people who just want to fire up a local practice match against bots that the map they're trying to launch is unavailable, since you've started showing pay-for-play maps as available there.

Well, actually, we ought to be able to play *any* map locally against bots -- particularly maps that were created by the community and given to the community for free in years past -- but this idiotically mishandled monetization strategy (which seems to operate on the lunatic philosophy that being a pain in the ass is going to make people love id more and shower them with money) for a decade old game means that that particular toy was taken away in early days. I briefly hoped that things were getting better, but it seems not. Same poorly-thought-through, greedy cash-in this thing has been since Day 1.

I don't know why I keep coming back, other than the long-lost love I once had for id as a developer and Q3 as the pinnacle of deathmatch back in the day. Sad how that legacy has been pissed away over the last few years.

*Cheeseyballs
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJohnnyCage View Post
    You guys should really bring back the mapvote system to regular. I'm a premium member and I think the system you have now is deplorable. It's literally PREVENTING people from enjoying the game at all. The mentality is "oh I have to play this **** map for 10+ minutes in order to HOPEFULLY select a map I want to play". Come on, id.
    absolutely.

and regarding going premium:

Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    The old system is still available in premium servers, which also have all maps.

Sure it can be fine tuned in standard servers, with plenty of ideas here on the forums and on ESR, but in general terms it is a good idea.
    Plus if you don't like not having "CV map" whenever you want then play on premium servers: I haven't played on standards in like more than a month (at most one or two maps then join one when all the 3 vote-able maps are awful).

I'd really like to go premium, but have no Visa and no means to getting access to one through other ppl in the near future - so unless QL includes payment methods such as Paypal or similar I'm stuck with the pre-chopped bits that are thrown at me atm .. frankly I don't understand how hard it can be to include other payment plans - every little online store I've browsed through lately had at least 3 or more options regarding payment.

+ Reply to Thread