+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2012 Standard Rotation

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Ok. You do realize that according to those criteria, dm6 is an awful map, right?

In my opinion, a good CA map has large enough rooms to fight in, interconnected in various ways, always leaving different routes to attack or escape. And that's coming from a non+backer.
    Spillway : Bad because one of the room has a single entry point, which results in camping. (if people use it that way)
    Almost Lost : Good for 3v3. Becomes a bit cluster****ish on 4v4 but still playable.
    Eye To Eye : Bad for normal CA gameplay but good on 2v2 when all you wanna do is fight without any other consideration (like thunderstruck), which is fun from time to time.
    Black cathedral : It is sadly so large that you will most likely always see your enemies from a distance and have to rail the whole game unless you manage to get on their back while they fight a teammate. Great with 8v8 and more. Another issue with the size is when the last 2-more survivors have to meet and fight : you can get unlucky and wait for a while before an encounter.
    Seams And Bolts : Despite being so small it manages to provide distinct places to meet, fight, take cover... Good 2v2 and 3v3 (with teammates that won't let you die alone and lose, although it's their fault; not the map's fault).
    Overkill : Good except for the fact that top is way too advantageous. You rarely see teams gather and fight anywhere else and that gets boring.
    Asylum : Terrible totally open rail***** map with a side of FPS issues for a lot of people.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i dont see how ca players complain, ctfers only get 6 maps and on prem you'll just see your local 10-20 jack n' jills

Junior Member Frontside is on a distinguished road
    Give me back campgrounds!

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knubbe View Post
    Also the QL server software seems horrible, after only 16-20h uptime it becomes laggy and can only be resolved by spawning a new server.
    It can be resolved by reloading map (as opposed to restarting it). Since last patch, running a server with one map only means it will always restart after game ends, without reloading. That's why you started experiencing the jerkiness. The work-around is to /callvote map, even if you're voting for the same one, to forcibly reload it. HTH

so far im amazed to see 3 prem ctf servers running, i hope the trend keeps going cus the map rotation (i do like a bit of reflux) on standard ctf servers is so horrid that anything other than prem is out of question atm.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    well that may be true in canada where there is no one .. here servers stay alive up until the next day sometimes regardless who spawned it, people use it.
    Nah...it's usually because the seal oil lamp runs out of oil and we can't play in the dark.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

*nii
    If this would be the maps from now to november i dont want come back play quakelive.

There are no standard CA maps like Theatre of Pain and so on.
    Very bad :-/

Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    Nah...it's usually because the seal oil lamp runs out of oil and we can't play in the dark.
    DDDDDDDDDD

as long as your printers got 125 fps you're safe

*ridjay
    This map rotation ist so bad. Can't find any decent ca games.

Junior Member ibegurgarden is on a distinguished road
    holy ****. for everyone *****ing about the map pool - GET PREMIUM. if you can afford to play this game so much how can you not afford $2 a MONTH. then you get to play all the maps all the time! and you don't have to complain about the rotation which you already know is going to contain only a portion of the maps. god damn! get premium!

+ Reply to Thread