+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Need to nerf lg

  1. #21
    Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlin View Post
    Rapha's eyes at 14:17 lol
    to be fair
    it looks like rapha hadn't slept
    probably insomnia

  2. #22
    Senior Member ALLofYOU is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    That's all people use in CA is lg. It's not another whine thread, sure rockets on the rare chance can and should win and they do. Ask yourselves this, why do you see everyone walking their invisible dog? (lg) because it's overpowered and that's all you need.

    Adjust it for CA only if you can, but these asshats that say only 7 damage haven't witnessed what I have. All you need to do to be tier 4/tier 5 is use lg. Last attempt at change, 5 lg's walking their dogs to me is not fun anymore.
    this is the trolliest thing i have ever read. not only is almost everything said completely wrong, but who faces 5 ppl with lgs all by themselves? what a great story
    Omg I beat ppl at this game sometimes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/uberfriedguy

  3. #23
    Senior Member brainwreck is on a distinguished road brainwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    That's all people use in CA is lg. It's not another whine thread, sure rockets on the rare chance can and should win and they do. Ask yourselves this, why do you see everyone walking their invisible dog? (lg) because it's overpowered and that's all you need.

    Adjust it for CA only if you can, but these asshats that say only 7 damage haven't witnessed what I have. All you need to do to be tier 4/tier 5 is use lg. Last attempt at change, 5 lg's walking their dogs to me is not fun anymore.

    if you dont like getting lg'd, learn to dodge. simple. if anything is overpowered and needs nerfing its the RL, just learn to dodge..it may be totally over your head how to use or dodge lg but if you put some time in youll start to get it.

  4. #24
    Senior Member brainwreck is on a distinguished road brainwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    I disagree, jiggly. All you have to do in CA quake live is run around with lg. If the mods check the records, they'll see it. That's what most people higher tier do, just lg.
    thats funny, cuz generally on a server on any given map on any given day, there is usually at best 1 or 2 people with 39+ lg acc....PS ever played q1..? play it for a week then come back and tell me LG is op'd....its not OPd just because you happen to generally play with other people who know how to use it when you yourself dont...just silly. this is quake, u make the lg any less strong and it will be the WORST weapon choice in EVERY/ANY scenario, basically, useless. and if thats all u have t o do, no skill??? just have lg out and run around, i dont think ive ever seen you get remotely respectable LG accuracies even on very very easy opponents, time to analyze yourself not the game bro

  5. #25
    Senior Member brainwreck is on a distinguished road brainwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    Nearing the end of my subscription. Between getting 144 ping on one tx server and 60 on another tx server, this I may need to find a new fps. I may play this free for once.

    Not that the devs care, but I would allow all maps and game mods to be played by all players. Not like it costs much to host it anyway and that 3d whatever company sucks, but it is what it is.

    I'd double rail in damage in CA (2 rails to kill someone as opposed to 4), make matches faster, reduce lg damage, and revert rockets to quake 3 status. Ban warpers with their lame cafe wifi or whatever they are calling it now. You guys would be suprised who would support this. Ask for donations, don't try to make a profit on an old game.
    dont think anyone wsill miss someone who takes the game so serious yet has no motivation to actually increase his own skill level. and wants the devs to make the game easier to suit his lacck of skill. ...


    PS: if you buy pro, you can make games with those settings if you like, doubt anyone will come join you though except for the unskilled, which is really...at the end of the day..what u want right? for it to be easier..

  6. #26
    Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    348
    Toilet,

    It seems to me if everyone is lging you on every map, then your movement is too slow and you're not using headphones well. Otherwise you should be able to position yourself to avoid those situations to some degree.

  7. #27
    Member risshinben is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    96
    Let's say they nerf LG, do you really think that will change anything on your end? You would probably still die before those that were LG'ing you to death before nerf... And reason is really simple, their aim is better than yours.. And it doesn't really matter how much a certain weapon gets nerfed, more skilled players with better aim will still be better..

    At LG range even if LG was nerfed, you should still win against rocket spammers, unless you are close range(gauntlet range) where rocket spam will probably win in that situation..

    I just find it funny when some people call me a dingus when I switch to rocket in 1v1 LG battle.. If I get close enough in 1v1 LG battle, most of the times I switch to rocket, because I am sure I can land those rockets and kill the other guy before he kills me..

    But that's mostly because my playing style is super aggressive.. Doesn't really matter what is thrown at me I always move forward.. I just can't stand idle for 5 secs, I have to move, I don't understand people who walk then hide, then walk, then hide, I just can't enjoy that kind of play...

    tl;dr: The problem isn't LG but you..
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    248
    it's overpowered for everyone. just like quad damage, and red armor, and mega health.

    the game was designed around control of items, one of those items being LG. it wasn't designed for Clan Arena.

    the game would probably work fine with 6-6-6 LG, but it's way too well established to change anything even if that was better

  9. #29
    *an00bis86
    Guest
    If you think the lightning gun is overpowered against you, why don't you use it yourself? After all, if it's overpowered for one, it's overpowered for all. :P

    P.S. If you don't want to get LG'd to death, stay out of its range. Attack from a distance using the railgun and the rocket launcher, for example.

  10. #30
    Member FoxyLoxy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    33
    If you guys don't think LG and rail are the kings of Camp Arena then for sure you've never seen or been in any 4v4 scrims. Even in pub games the highest scores will most likely be LG/rail players unless someone has very good rockets (rare). Jigglywiggly only complains about rockets because they're the best defense against rail angles.

    What really needs to happen is Plasma and Shotgun buffs. Sure shotgun used to be king of FFA/TDM but right now its a bad gun. And plasma is extremely hard to hit with, making the fact that its the highest damage dealer almost worth nothing.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts