+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to nerf lg

Member ToiletHumor is on a distinguished road
    Everyone uses it as a primary weapon. Learn to dodge, really?

Member ToiletHumor is on a distinguished road
    Jiggly, asylum is a rail and lg map. For those hugging corners, sure you may take a grenade or rocket spam to the face. I guarantee you on aslyum you'll see more lg and rail than rockets.

if they got rid of the teleporter and that top level of the map, I think it would be more enjoyable as well.
    Last edited by ToiletHumor; 09-29-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Weap settings have been settled on pubs servers for a long time now. The last change was to the shotgun I believe and that was 18 months ago?

If you want to change the settings, just buy a Pro sub and start your own server. If yours are popular, it'll thrive, if they're not then it'll die. onymation's server with PQL + adjused weaps seems to do alright in EU and TheGr33nBastard's thing in the US did fine for while.

I'd rather ID concentrated on other stuff then tweaking weapon settings on pub CA servers...
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I suspect it is overpowered at lower tiers, but balanced reasonably at higher tiers.

If that's the case then there isn't much room for a solution.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    I'd double rail in damage in CA (2 rails to kill someone as opposed to 4), make matches faster, reduce lg damage, and revert rockets to quake 3 status..
    Do it. Make custom servers with these settings. If somehow other people agree with you, they'll play with you.

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    Weapons seem pretty balanced to me. The real problem here is players not knowing what weapons to use for their situations. Yes you see alot of lg pwn. But the majority of all players even in t4 use combos. Rocks, unless we have low pings, are basic movement tools for most t4 users to get from point A 2 point B quickly. Also used to bounce opponents to lose control of their ground, or bounce them away.

Rail I would guess is the most used finishing weapon. Considering when players are low on health at the end of CA rounds, they tend to stay away from close combat where splash and good lg can be used as a finish. Lately I have been trying to use mg as a finisher rather than rail. It's been working out quite well for me actually.
    Sg would be the second choice I see people finishing with. I have even told newbs who join my servers. I would rather see you HIT 10 low damage sg shots than to watch you MISS 15 rail fails! And pulling out your rail gun on a guy 6 feet away from you, is a total fail, unless you can actually hit with it. If you average teen accuracies, a 6 to 10 foot fight for you is a Rocket or SG fight. Certainly not LG/Rail/plasma/mg

LG for me is for catching opponents in bad situations they put themselves in, Hallways/ jumppads/ back turned to me...ect. I tend not to stand toe to toe on the dance floor with LG and intentionally put myself at less than half health after a fight. It does my team, nor myself any good to even attempt it. Sometimes it's just unavoidable though. And if you cant dodge/aim and live through situations like these...well then maybe youre comming to the forums saying it's an over powered weapon.

If Lg is a problem for you, then adjust your game to where you can avoid lg activity. Keep an escape route close by your position. Stay tight to corners and doors. Best advice, is be near a buddy AND have more than one escape route planned before you even see an enemy.

Rethink your overall goal in playing CA. Its a team game that is won by staying alive. A team that doesn't so much focus on damage and accuracy as they do how to survive, are usually the winners.

Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglywiggly View Post
    mayb u shud watch some videos of k1llsen
    e.g http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0R-9pR0aZM#t=7m5s
    Rapha's eyes at 14:17 lol

Junior Member Lotmein20 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletHumor View Post
    Everyone uses it as a primary weapon. Learn to dodge, really?
    Yes, learn to dodge. If you're consistently dying to LG you're doing something wrong, whether it be your positioning, weapon choice, aim or your dodging.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    From what I've heard, the best you can do is try to strafe in the opposite direction of the shaft, maybe try to move backwards as well to get out of range. Truthfully, however, there's not much you can do to dodge against LG. It'll help you survive for a few seconds, but they usually catch on to you sooner or later, especially if they're intensely concentrated, so you'll have to respond to their actions. Maybe use RL to bounce them, it's an effective way to throw them off, especially in a tight corridor where they'll be like, "what happened, I can't see him anymore" and he'll be dead by the time he figures out where you're at now. You can also use the PG if you're good with it, as not only does it have more damage output, but it also makes it hard for the other person to see with all the blue bubbles in his face. Many times I've seen PG come out on top over the LG.

Also, it's unfortunate that most people will say to "learn to dodge", but only one or two people gave specific details on how to do so (CeeLoGreen gets a cookie for doing so). Yes, I suppose one could search threads on how to dodge, but it's still in good courtesy to tell him how and give tips. Remember, no one learns from vagueness.

BTW I hope you found this helpful.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 09-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

+ Reply to Thread