+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QLPrism

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar

Question QLPrism

Whats the deal with QLPrism? Iv tried it for a week on and off and it done nothing for me.

It also had this annoying chat thing that slows everything down.

Can anyone explain the benefits of this over the basic browser like firefox/chrome?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Some people find it speeds things up for QL, however others, like the 2 of us, found no difference with using it. One advantage is that you've got all the scripts together in one place (preinstalled, that is), but you also get more than you generally want or need. You can remove the ones that you don't want though, but I'm too tired to explain in detail at the moment. (Quakelive Player Status is the one you're probably complaining about)

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    I like it and using it for long time....so far never had problems!Just tweak it how you like and that is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member Verletzer is on a distinguished road Verletzer's Avatar
    In my opinion it's only worth using if you have a computer with weak hardware that can't play QL very well. It will make a considerable difference in these circumstances. However if you do have a powerful computer you'll likely see no benefit from using it.
    I'm the reason we don't have good games.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    makes a massive difference on my sys but then again im using something from the dark ages :>

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    maybe on systems with small amount of RAM QLprism might help. I didn't see any difference on 3GB RAM nor in Windows 7 nor in XP on slow Intel x4500 card and usually if there are some performance problems exchanging graphic card helps and not using Prism. But I use prism to have all the scripts installed, for updating ELO on IRC and if someone invents a new script

Member FrEaKKiLLa is on a distinguished road
    Quake live in Mozilla used to crash constantly. When I started using QLPrism I realized it wasn't crashing anymore and never went back to the browser version. Easy decision for me.

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    qlprism is nice solely for the fact that you can add it on steam, and then chat in game.

+ Reply to Thread