+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quakelive dvd

Junior Member Smokemare555 is on a distinguished road

Quakelive dvd

i am trying to get it out that i have a Quakelive bootable dvd based on Linux pretty much just to play Quakelive if anybody wants to try it out add me and ill give ya a link to dl the iso it is truely boot and play available as a live-dvd or a ram-loader if you have at least 3gb or more.i have both ATI and Nvidia versions and could make an intel if needed.

people still need to login to their own acct it is a running linux distribution.

no rootkit or anything like it its just a backed up linux distro with drivers and quakelive its not poison or anything like that just a fast way for people to see how the game runs on linux.i am making others for multimedia uses that runs minitube and tv-maxe on boot and an internet tv version.all cool clean stuff....i am a longtime linux user and found a way to make this and thought it could be very usefull.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    The iso can also put on a pen drive as a bootable system. I made one with QL installed last year for fun using Ubuntu 11.10.

What smokemare has done is to make a bootable system using Linux with QL installed. If made correctly..You can boot it from a Windows or mac based PC.

To boot it from a Windows machine.. go into your bios and select to boot from cd/dvd or usb depending on if you burnt to dvd or installed the iso on a pendrive. For OSX restart holding the Option key and select the Linux boot.

I made the QL linux pendrive to boot from my macbook because I couldn't take the piece of crap that was called QL for OSX. With the Linux boot I got 125 fps,etc,etc on my macbook. I was also able to run QLprism ,QLDT, and Wolfcam.
    Last edited by swampy; 09-27-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

yes i have used it on usb drives and such very easy just set pc to boot from the device you are using and works great i have taken it a step further by also making one that loads into ram so you can remove the usb or dvd.these iso's i have made are stripped based off Peppermint 3
    they run Quakelive very well.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokemare555 View Post
    yes i have used it on usb drives and such very easy just set pc to boot from the device you are using and works great i have taken it a step further by also making one that loads into ram so you can remove the usb or dvd.these iso's i have made are stripped based off Peppermint 3
    they run Quakelive very well.
    I'd like to try it out on. Can you stop by my board and give the link? You can PM me.. http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/
    drunk clan

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    It's not allowed to distribute the QL media or plugin through your own package. It's legal to distribute something that installs to a USB stick thats configured with a filesystem to allow people to download the plugin and media themselves, as long as you are abiding by any restrictions on OS/driver licensing (typically GPL).

I suspect the Ubuntu install image can be used directly or modified to include proper drivers, and create a UnionFS partition or something similar to achieve this.

Here are instructions for making a custom iso (meaning you add QL yourself) so you don't violate QL ToS.

Ubuntu downloads here (QL not included)

Instructions for bootable Linux pendrive for Windows here

Instructions for bootable Linux pendrive for OSX here

Easy to do..And OSX users will enjoy being able to play this game at full speed..

Sponge-"I suspect the Ubuntu install image can be used directly or modified to include proper drivers, and create a UnionFS partition or something similar to achieve this."

Yes, a grub or efi is created depending on what OS you use. Ubuntu usually has most video and sound drivers drivers included.

I gave instructions for a USB Pen drive because they boot and work faster then a cd/dvd.

smokemare555 has gone through a lot of work and I'm sorry to see it violates QL ToS.
    Last edited by swampy; 09-27-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    drunk clan

just trying to get more people to tryout Quakelive under Linux video drivers have usually been the issue so i have taken care of that having them preinstalled and activated.
    and for the newer machines copying to ram is nice and makes it all run a bit faster.
    this has been only passed among Quakelive people as you need to have an acct to play anyways.
    if i can help anybody out let me know.
    happy quaking and im off sat so willl be fragging friday night for sure.

*brokn
    I'm interested in trying out your iso, how can I contact you? Cheers

+ Reply to Thread