+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Tokens Give Aways ( 10 and counting )

Junior Member bloody is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crozar View Post
    bloody & krogoth nominated

when will ur prem expire bloody?
    Expiration: 11/17/2012

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    bla bla bla
    Now, I understand you're having fun and all, but I wouldn't ever hire YOU to defend my case... Please.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I'm not mad in the slightest. I don't know if you noticed, but I was saying that it's stupid that this whole thing is being decided on personal opinions from you. It should go to the people that actually play CTF, not the random people that show up and ask for it. Pony and I both actually play CTF, yet we're both looked over because of your opinion of us.

I could care less if I don't get it, but Pony should at least get the subscription.
    Being better at the mod essentially means I have played more than you and that me playing has a bigger impact on the community than some random tier3. To me you are "random people".
    Just by stats it is clear me and Danstar destroy everyone here on ctf and other mods. Sincerely someone with 20% accuracy has nothing to do against someone with 40% no matter how good his strats are, and with such aiming there's no way you can strafe jump decently.

For that I need a pro sub since there are literally 0 people playing on public servers here, it's miles easier to brag about a number if it is increased with a double click instead of arranging matches, but it's up to the OP.

Besides, giving a premium/pro token to someone who can and does play ctf everyday ends up in nothing, as without it he would continue playing anyway. It is even more useless considering there are practically no tournaments in your location of any mod (NA) but here there are at least 2 ctf ones every year (plus other mods too).
    To be fair an european div2 guy should be the one to receive this since there ctf is somewhat alive so it'll end up in more and more meaningful matches (nothing in comparison to tdm though), and not me (div1 in world 3-1 though I played my fair share when I lived at the states) or you (div99 us TA maps player).
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Just by stats
    You judge CTF ability by stats.
    Blasphemer.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Sincerely someone with 20% accuracy has nothing to do against someone with 40% no matter how good his strats are, and with such aiming there's no way you can strafe jump decently.
    Not to break your "conversation", but how on earth you combine stats and accuracy with CTF? Seriously, how??? It's about team-play and caps!

CTF defenders - for example - are always spam rockets and plasma at every single corner and corridor, so they will never really get high figures like in other mods (Domination is similar in this way). The only number you can take seriously from stat regarding CTF is the number of quits. Anybody with thousands of quits has no place in the CTF community imho (because they clearly doesn't respect the game and the other players), but all the other numbers there are pretty much useless when it comes to CTF.

just my two cents

Member crozar is on a distinguished road
    well said ikaruga
    and thanks for pointing out metapsy he deserves pro indeed of the works hes doing in the past when he was pro subscriber

waiting for metapsy to come online to grant pro

YMCMB i play in singapore servers these days and their community is dead in the ctf scene , but im slowly grasping them in by collecting friends =)

YMCMB ( granted pro subscription )
    Last edited by crozar; 11-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    nice!

lets hope south america will steal flags like mad once again.

also metapsy's hosting will really boost the euro prem activity, good stuff here.

Originally Posted by YMCMB
    Lets put it this way: I hope someday I can play ctf and tdm on public servers instead of being forced to play ca. For that I need a pro account.
    waiting for YMCMB and metapsy to come online to grant pro

krogoth
    bloody

nominated

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crozar View Post
    waiting for YMCMB and metapsy to come online to grant pro
    I'm trying lol ("keep trying" to connect button). edit: I just accepted the friend invite, will stay connected for quite a while (watching LoL finals lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Not to break your "conversation", but how on earth you combine stats and accuracy with CTF? Seriously, how??? It's about team-play and caps!

CTF defenders - for example - are always spam rockets and plasma at every single corner and corridor, so they will never really get high figures like in other mods (Domination is similar in this way). The only number you can take seriously from stat regarding CTF is the number of quits. Anybody with thousands of quits has no place in the CTF community imho (because they clearly doesn't respect the game and the other players), but all the other numbers there are pretty much useless when it comes to CTF.

just my two cents
    QL's ctf is a lot about accuracy, more so than the previous games. All the said people can't hit more than lets say 30% rail in ctf (a mod in which 60% is not that difficult) then they are worthless. Also accuracy is tied to quake skill in general, meaning that by just the numbers I can tell they don't have good positioning, dodging, strafing, timing and overall game sense.

Someone with less than 20% overall acc. and that doesn't play duel (it ruins it) can't be good, no exceptions. It's like judging people by their nicknames lol, dota1 style: it always works.
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread