+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Tokens Give Aways ( 10 and counting )

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    So now I ask again: What is it that makes Pony and I not qualified? (Since crozar's never actually said anything on the subject)

I'm not going to go into Pony's situation because he said not to earlier, but in my case:
    -I only play CTF
    -My Premium ends on the 13th
    -Quake Live *is* my favorite game to play even though I've been playing LoL due to the lack of games in QL CTF.

I don't want to hear from Danstar about how I'm supposedly breaking some unwritten rule about how I tell people one thing and then "beg" for a free one: I've paid before, and I'll pay again. I'm not just saying it's "give me a free token or I'm done playing"

The only issue here appears to be that Danstar doesn't like that I'm asking to help out with the lack of CTF games in NA, so he's telling crozar not to give me a token. At least that's how it appears from my point of view.

crozar, go check my Match History if you doubt that I play CTF, you'll clearly see that there's absolutely no CA games in quite a while. (There are a few Sampler games in there though)

Again, if you don't give me a free subscription, I understand; I merely just want a specific reason other than what Danstar's said. (Since it's not his thread)

Member crozar is on a distinguished road
    YMCMB is from ur region pikaluva13 i have not clue about the player base their , before i nominate a player i ask about him and sometimes join hes region on a different account and spectate along , i dont want to make errors in quakelive.com , enough errors made by quakelive.com themselves in the past ...
    the error they made is by listening to the wrong people in the forums who are naturally experts in persuading whatever they think of in their opinion to work out as they requested , and in the same time those people boycott / troll over the oldschool quakers who know more about quake's history and quake engine capabilities and what things needs to be done to make the game better and successful , just a headsup , if not from the 100 + wrong opinions in the forums , a rocketarena3 mod would have been implemented in the engine just to detect multiple arena supports and have some terrians within the map that is disabled for the non premium players. , in OSP+CPMA mod CA detected multiple arenas in ra3map pool

I've literally never seen YMCMB/megaman3 (since I see he changed his name) before because he's only played 100 or so CTF games compared to my . However, I literally have nothing to do with what id software does. I just help people out on the forum and post my opinion on other subjects. Unfortunately, because I *do* post a lot, people for some reason or another tend to think that the majority of my posts are trolling, when in reality, only 5-10% of them are actually trolling. (Feel free to go count through every one of my posts if you actually want to)

I've got nothing against you and mostly nothing against Danstar (For making opinions based on assumptions), I just think that you shouldn't rely on one person's opinion of me when you personally don't know me to make the decision. Feel free to add me if you wanted to talk to me personally (or spectate my games if I can ever find a populated one that's not a Pro-spawned non-vanilla server)

most importantly in all is to promote more premium games by collaboration and communication and invite players who willing to play .

you can see the example i do in singapore , i collect friends , after that the other half of the people who i dont know reply to me when i ask any1 want an invite to a premium game ... they reply since its like they have no choice or they are eager for it when i tell them that every1 who we're here went their... and little by little now we have people who subscribed naturally ... in the last week 10 subscriptions from people i saw earlier who we're standard are now premium ... and yesterday for the first time in all of Asia ( this year ) .. 9 hours of CTF activity with no less then 6 people in the duration of 5 to 10 minutes . meaning when the server is draining ... in 5 to 10 min it gets back to 12 or 14 players... it kept going for 9 hours straight ... and now couple of people started to love CTF ... who infact are primarily CA players .. and ive seen people join server persuading people to go to CA and they reply no . they also say stay here its more fun... hopefully this opens up the road for multiple liking's and mood feel of what game mode to play with motivation to its extent.
    i started quake FFA and went along mods and all , then fell into what the community of my country used to only play was Ra3 and OSP / CPMA .. i didnt have a chance to play CTF in the past... when i lived in Australia for couple of years , i had a choice between lots of servers , duel / rocketarena + CTF .... little by little i came in love to CTF and played that mostly , Ra3 was no interest to me since i have overseeded every play style rocketjump action shot possibly done to the extent of quake codes literature . CTF in the other hand had a flag and had many scenario's and objective in defense offense interception of flag carrier , and flag rebounding ( drop / take / drop take by ur teams ) ... it was like hunting and FFA + TDM , but i have played as a lonewolf like kilotr cant remember hes name but hes from Australia i just met recently in quakelive , and hes play style is full of humor , he draws hes team and learns from it and does whats best suits him ... that means if all my team is noobs , i can still make it fun for me.
    i now teach some ctf players such as agekara who always in search of CTF in Asia , to connect them with some friends who will help such thing happen even without me/.

(Are you quoting megaman3 there or somebody else? It's not a forum post and you didn't clarify, so I'm not entirely sure)

I've still not heard a real answer. It just sounds like you gave the subscription to the wrong person in my opinion. You stated megaman3 was in my area (In other words, it doesn't matter which one of us got it). However, I've got 1400+ games of CTF compared to his 115. Wouldn't it therefore make *more* sense to give it to me as it proves that I actually will play the gametype? Who's to say that he won't just spawn CA servers (which is his most played gametype). I *only* play CTF, so it's obvious that I actually would spawn CTF servers the majority of the time. (I might spawn servers for other people if they ask for it)

I actually know the players that play CTF (again, because I actually play the gametype), so I'd be able to admin the server too instead of just leaving it there and going afk. I've helped several people in this game (not just on the forum), and I've also introduced several people to the game (Not all of them stuck with it, but a couple did.)

I understand that I sound slightly needy now, but I really just want a detailed answer as to the reason for denying me when I clearly fit the criteria. I mean, it sounds like you're suggesting that I play with megaman3...but they hardly played CTF to begin with, so what's going to get them to start playing? They got the subscription and they could pretty much never play another CTF game for the entire subscription and it wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by crozar View Post
    Greetings , time to get started with the give aways , ( 6 months Premium Tokens ) ;

( 10 Tokens will be given away every month to random winners )....

To be Qualified u need to be an active dedicated quaker in the CTF Scene , and interested in Frenzy games such as Freezetag and all... but mostly a CTF player or a Dedicated Quaker who's passion and first game in hes interest is Quake.

-.. people an insight of this genuine thread is this screen shot of me buying tokens until this date ..-
    http://i48.tinypic.com/slh8bq.jpg

This is a sponsering thread nothing to be debt with , if u got nominated then u be a hatey to me i have no problem with it since my way of life is a duty to quakelive the rest is all urz , and quakers are homicidal maniacs so be free and die hard with bane's voice and the jokers mind

Add Tokens in.
    ) SEttings > Account settings > Redeem a Member ship Token(
    Thread Refreshed
    Last edited by crozar; 11-07-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    k not gonna bother quoting you pika, nor going through your insanely high post count to make it even more clear. its not an assumption if i see you telling people to pay up and then ask for free stuff yourself (morally incorrect to say the least).

instead you discredit my position and dodge all thats been said because you "fit a criteria" (in what world dude?), maybe ur just unqualified and now you're creating a convoluted butt-hurt mess (ye you like to call others butt-hurt cus of the changes with pp13 and now you end up in the same manner as the people you talked down to).

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Thread Refreshed
    Good guy Crozar, you would alone deserve a server somewehre around the middle-east for the charitiy you do here. Thanks man.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    YMCMB is from ur region pikaluva13 i have not clue about the player base their , before i nominate a player i ask about him and sometimes join hes region on a different account and spectate along , i dont want to make errors in quakelive.com , enough errors made by quakelive.com themselves in the past ...
    I'm from southamerica btw (changed nickname), which is most probably the region that gets benefited the most by you giving me a pro account (as you did) since here it's considerably more active than all the US servers combined (yep, feel free to check) .... but it's ca only lol.
    The potential is there and we Chileans do ctf tournaments since ages, but somehow in the transition from q3 to ql people dropped public ctf. It must be the lack of wcp17 and wcp18.
    The other southamerican country with servers is Argentina, but that's a somewhat lost cause (ca and duel only since ever. 0 tournaments of any mod [ok like 4 in 4 years, against ours easily 20+], 0 ctf/tdm players and I mean 0), and Brazil is non existent (some duel players and that's it).

Now that we are on it, here are the stats of tdm and ctf matches organized via irc both in the US and in Europe respectively. Those 2 are some of the greatest things that regular players don't know about because it's not advertised, like qlranks, greasemonkey scripts, spawns, tutorials, streams, lans, esr and so on.
    http://www.quakepickups.com/all/ = Around 3k ctf matches in the US in a bit more than one year. 115 tdm matches lol.
    beta.quake.cz/qlstats/tdmpickup = Around 10k tdm matches in Europe in a bit less than one year. No ctf stats, and #tdmpickup is beyond awesome (matches arranged using irc bots, nations and clan tournaments that have lived for more than 10 consecutive years, lans, etc.)
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-07-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Last edited by crozar; 11-07-2012 at 07:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread