+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Premium Tokens Give Aways ( 10 and counting )

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    FaceIt is an okay choice for a host, but if you want the exposure focused solely on CTF then using a separate site seems like a good idea. I'm not sure how much work is required for that (especially since we obviously want a site that's user friendly, and FaceIt for that matter doesn't really fall into the category).

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    Any news? A competition with prizemoney is much needed since dreamhack probably won't have quake live.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandbolus View Post
    Any news? A competition with prizemoney is much needed since dreamhack probably won't have quake live.
    Not really. Literally every single day of the week there are cups with prize money (mainly duel) and ctf's nations cup ended last week. On esr there's a weekly thread that says what's going to be played, though in the end it's easier to see the stream side bar on the right and watch if it has more than 300 viewers.

Thing is the online scene is better than ever but so far quake is not confirmed for a single lan in 2013. Big sponsors and lans aren't interested in it anymore, for various reasons, so now prizes and cups are provided by the community itself, sadly online though with 'studios' and guests so the experience for viewers is closer to lans.

Also id software plays a big part there, considering they have put exactly 0 effort (further than 5 minutes) and 0 prize money into having ql in those lans. I know quake has always been about the community instead of the company, but nowadays that cannot compete with blizzard, riot games, valve and so on. If anything it's safe to say quakecon is consistently the worst lan of the year quake-wise, and prizes come from sponsors not id itself.
    Last edited by megaman3; 04-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Yes, no lans, thats why this online activity should be maintained or extended.

If the activity gets noticed we might see a LAN again soon, who knows.

There hasn't been a CTF cup with money since...(?).

SO THIS IS BIG!

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    ctf is usually played 4o4 now ctf 5o5 hasn't been played in years .. gl with the tourn

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    ctf is usually played 4o4 now ctf 5o5 hasn't been played in years .. gl with the tourn
    http://esreality.com/post/1948241/re...tf-4v4-or-5v5/

people like both, and lots speaks for 5vs5, if someone wants to do it, it'll be alright.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by whodares View Post
    5v5 is the draft cup, for fun. Draft = people sign up as individuals then are distributed in teams according to their skill level.

This could be big if organized properly, meaning hosted by faceit, better prize distribution (especially less money in draft more for 4v4) and so on. If not it will be another cup that no one watches nor plays it, which are plenty already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

This thread should be stickied, second page is not where it belongs.

Junior Member tuto is on a distinguished road
    hi my friend, im interested. check my profile please

Member crozar is on a distinguished road
    my hopes are still up for you sync , email changed on this account because i lost the pass long long time ago , so im not sure if u guys really emailed me or not about the scancode maps offer, but i can recall i always requested u guys to email me on my other crozar email address, anyways i resolved the email issue with changing it myself in quakelive.com, il be waiting about my offer , scancode maps are ready , now this email is up an ready . il wait on ur reply

+ Reply to Thread