+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

The sampler matches have been switched up again and we are now running Harvester on Camper Crossings.

Harvester is a team-based game mode that hails from the original Team Arena release. Fragging the other team will cause a colored skull to emit from an obelisk located in the middle of the arena. Grabbing the enemy's skull, and running them to the enemy's base will score you a point for each skull captured. Grabbing your teammate's skulls will deny them from the enemy. The first team to reach 15 skulls captured is the winner!

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "Harvester Sampler" and enjoy!

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    15 frags to score is pretty low and can be done in minutes, if not the very first minute. Something like 60 would be more appropiate number to make game somewhat challenging.

Junior Member wolves_89 is on a distinguished road
    admine nabijem te na *****

Junior Member Metalhead100 is on a distinguished road
    Not too much fun unless its full teams....and then 15 score is easy and quick......kinda boring

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    tbh i had 2 out of 5 ggs and the map is a lot more enjoyable for harvester than back when you guys used base siege for it.

i like it, its cool IF people know what they're doing.

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Agreed the map (Camper Crossings) helps a lot.

Btw so sad to see how very few was 1Flag Sampler played, all of us know that Siberia its a great map but it just dont works fine with 1Flag, an small, fast and dynamic map like u did with Fallout Bunker before would work better.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    T3 servers are silly though. I dominate every game I join, so I've stopped playing them and I'm a nice guy. It seems likely to me that they're just noob farming territory

Make some T4 samplers and lock them.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    T3 servers are silly though. I dominate every game I join, so I've stopped playing them and I'm a nice guy. It seems likely to me that they're just noob farming territory

Make some T4 samplers and lock them.
    And let them die like every T4 server who is not a CA serv, Smart idea.

At least u can get a lot of games going in Sampler servers.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    It's a shame Harvester isn't played more. Actually, there is a European pickup server for it on Quakenet (#harpickup) but it is almost never used, if at all. It'd be nice to see a Harvester-focused clan (I would start one, but I'm not Pro and don't have plans for it because irl) which could start weekly games or w/e, with adjusted scorelimit, etc. based on community suggestions. The problem isn't necessarily the gametype, but the lack of publicity.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

+ Reply to Thread