+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GENESIS 1 by Regulator

*xREGULATOR

GENESIS 1 by Regulator

This is my 1st ever quake video I understand it's not to most of your tastes. I'll me making a better one with more respect for the movie-style of quakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsxY0_ynbL0

I would like some demos for my next movie if you guys wana PM me.
    Last edited by xREGULATOR; 09-28-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Over edited. We barely can see the frags. Also very few frags.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

*Domino
    Too many effects and screen shaking. Also the random song changes got annoying.

Next time calm down with the flashy stuff.

*xREGULATOR
    I dont do clean esports style highlights. I edit to express myself. Couldnt give a **** about the players in this movie or the playstyle of the game. Its not about the gameplay for me.

Ill do another one and we will see how it goes.

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    If you don't give a crap about the content or how your movie appeals to the viewer, then why bother making another?

#NATDM.QL on Quakenet IRC

*xREGULATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    If you don't give a crap about the content or how your movie appeals to the viewer, then why bother making another?
    As I said I edit to express myself and I enjoyed editing quake live. Its very easy to edit. I like entertaining people but mainly from an artistic perspective. Im not really into esports. I just like to edit. Thats why I will bother making another one.

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by xREGULATOR View Post
    As I said I edit to express myself and I enjoyed editing quake live. Its very easy to edit. I like entertaining people but mainly from an artistic perspective. Im not really into esports. I just like to edit. Thats why I will bother making another one.
    I don't know what "esports" has to do with an editing style. If you're editing to entertain people, then what you're doing is wrong. Constantly flashing and shaking the camera takes away from the frags itself, which isn't entertaining. You can be artistic and not have to go all out.
    I do like that type of music though, but it doesn't work well with fragvideos.

Here's a clip of a video i'm working on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vibfzlfkfCU
    It can have effects and fancy angles, but blinding people with constant flashes and tilting the screen over and over will turn people away.

Edit: To kinda touch on the "entertain" subject a little more, you need to think about what most people would like to see in a video. There's a fine line to making videos to entertain others and doing what you want with your video. You can't say that you like to entertain people, but then turn around and say it's not about the gameplay. It's a FRAGVIDEO, it's all about the gameplay. Editing is just a secondary thing to keep the video interesting. That's why we watch these videos. They don't have to be the best clips, but they need to be somewhat watchable without being distracted by everything else.
    Last edited by Domino; 09-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Overedits rarely ever look good. You can never tell what's going on and it just hurts to watch.

I also agree that the music choice didn't work well for Quake Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12
    You should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Edit: To kinda touch on the "entertain" subject a little more, you need to think about what most people would like to see in a video.
    absolutely never do so
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

*xREGULATOR
    I appreciate what you're saying but like I said I'm not trying to cater to anybody, I edit to express myself. I use games to compliment my edits rather than my edits to compliment the games. It's nothing to do with showing off the frags for me, they're just there. You might find that weird but this is my style, I edit for the sake of editing. I know alot of pro gamers etc. like their frag movies to be extremely clean, highlighting the frags. All i'm trying to say is that the edit is what it is, that's how I intended for it to be. If you enjoy it, great. If you don't, I'm sorry about that.

It's not like this is my first attempt at editing, I'm quite a popular CoD4 editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoGs6sAPKck
    Last edited by xREGULATOR; 09-24-2012 at 01:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread