+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NA CA/CTF Fr4gCup League Season 1

Junior Member Kr3m is on a distinguished road

NA CA/CTF Fr4gCup League Season 1

Hi everyone. I know I've talked to a lot of you about this already, but I'm going to need to know how many clans are interested in competing as well as some input on server settings.

On a CTF note, I would prefer to keep things old school with default weapons and items as opposed to using proximity mines, etc. Another thought is, would it be better for league play to start with all weapons or leave that default as well?

At any rate, I'm curious to hear your thoughts, suggestions as well as what clans would be interested in competing in either or both CA and CTF.

*Tr1Xy
    Yeah why not

Member Higgs is on a distinguished road Higgs's Avatar
    The NA scene.. its clearly bursting at the seams with competitors...... lol

Doesn't even matter for me and my clan since we play TDM. But holy crap even CTF/CA is dead, thats really really messed up.

Junior Member Kr3m is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    The NA scene.. its clearly bursting at the seams with competitors...... lol

Doesn't even matter for me and my clan since we play TDM. But holy crap even CTF/CA is dead, thats really really messed up.
    A 5 month long freeze tag season that is currently in playoffs, is a North American league, has sponsors and advertisers, approximately 20,000 views across all of our twitch channels, and even more clan interest for next season says you're wrong. That's freeze tag. You want to talk about dead? How often do you see freeze servers running? That is WGA's WFL league. Fr4gCup is likewise under the WGA umbrella and there are many teams already signed up for another Clan Arena league starting soon. I've had to delay Fr4gCup registrations to make sure there are no scheduling conflicts.

Perhaps you'd be interested in freeze TDM in February in time for Season 2? There are currently 3 clans (my clan DEA which had 2 teams but dissolved one of them, OSX who had 3 teams and 1 team in the playoffs still, and SoG who had 2 teams and 1 in the playoffs still) left fighting for the All Weapons North American championship. There is also a European division who the North American champions will play against.

If you even knew half of what was going on with the WGA, you'd be pretty surprised especially for a league that is still in it's infancy. Quake Live is not the only game we are supporting either, however it is our starting point and I can say for a fact that not only will there be some pretty tight competition, but there's a very real chance that what we're doing could benefit the player base for Quake Live as well since we've already drawn in quite a few old school Quake 3 players.

Also for a first season of Freeze Tag, I can't say it went badly at all. I mean yes there were a few minor problems, but all in all it wasn't bad at all. In total between the All Weapons and Instagib divisions there were ten clans some of which had multiple teams registered, 2 clans dropped early in the season, and 1 clan dropped during the playoffs. Despite that, most teams averaged 1 all weapons and 1 instagib game per week, and that is just the NA side.
    Last edited by Kr3m; 11-30-2012 at 08:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread