+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening servers for sure win

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Very simple solution, don't join any pro spawned serves. Unless ofcourse you know the spawner and you trust him/her.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    I'd like to see auto balance work in the middle of a game. It's sad to see a CTF game go 6-3, 6-4 people and no one on the winning team will switch. (because afraid of losing stats?)

I've been tempted to pause the game and balance players out (I've seen it done on other servers) but the backlash of pissed off players I don't need.

In Urban Terror auto balance will switch you during the game and you also keep your kills (flag caps do not transfer).
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

*an00bis86
    Moral of the Story: Don't join servers where you don't know the administrator or the referees. It's pretty easy to check as their name is visible in the server browser.

Also, if someone is severly abusing those privileges on their server, I would suggest getting a demo of this, and sending it to QuakeLive Support e-mail. They are usually pretty quick with dispensing appropriate discipline, if the complaint is legitimate and backed with proof.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I'd say the moral is to not join the servers of those who abuse their powers. Not joining a server merely because you don't know if the owner will be abusive or not is exaggerated. The bad server spawners are vastly outnumbered; such an attitude can only make things worse for subscribers.

Member cladinshadows is on a distinguished road
    As advertising, in Europe there is one guy with ''onymation'' nickname, and he often hosts unranked servers. Pql most of the time. Mid-game shuffles if its obvious 8-0, swapping on ridiculous situations like 8vs2, almost always a referee online. If you want to learn more, just add him in QL, and also read this. I'm out.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    It's sad to see a CTF game go 6-3, 6-4 people and no one on the winning team will switch. (because afraid of losing stats?)
    If the opposing teams turns out to be full of complete idiots and some of them decide to quit, I won't switch. As much as slaugthering cattle isn't much fun, neither is playing alone in a team of retards whose life purpose seems to be getting in the way. If the match is gonna be complete crap either way, I rather stay, finish it quickly and then begin a better one.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    If the opposing teams turns out to be full of complete idiots and some of them decide to quit, I won't switch. As much as slaugthering cattle isn't much fun, neither is playing alone in a team of retards whose life purpose seems to be getting in the way. If the match is gonna be complete crap either way, I rather stay, finish it quickly and then begin a better one.
    That's about my thoughts and why I won't interfere. But I will switch a lot to the losing team. I'm not worried about my stats..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

*an00bis86
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I'd say the moral is to not join the servers of those who abuse their powers. Not joining a server merely because you don't know if the owner will be abusive or not is exaggerated. The bad server spawners are vastly outnumbered; such an attitude can only make things worse for subscribers.
    Good point; a more prudent course would be to spectate in the server for a bit to make a determination first, before joining in on the action.

*TakeOn3
    I have decided just block this players and never join. For some time i wiil try to demo them since at least a warning from ID they deserve.
    Thank for your ideas.

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    ... you guyz are always welcome on my server. )) (i wont kick as hard) :P ... DE CA 4v4 premium lvl ... standart map pool + some extra! ... i usually just start a server inviet bunch of ppl on my freind list. ... most of the time i get a game started quite fast.

+ Reply to Thread