+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My ideas for Quake 5: Arena

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    or how about a totally new fps involving one of quake 3's main characters
    like keel or visor ... what character is the most interseting...And quake was amazing thanks to the amazing artwork of SENECA MENARD

http://www.indigosm.com/senework.htm
    Last edited by dji1; 09-22-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Junior Member xhale_ is on a distinguished road
    There was a rumor that said Quake 5 will be similar to Quake2 or 4 if it is made.

you could make it look the same but try using a better story.

In my opinion, quake 2 had a more authentic look; the graphics were relatively clean and crisp, bigger maps and it had that star wars feel to it. Now Quake 4 on ther other hand, was NOT develloped by ID and It felt like a bad Hollywood Style TV Sci-fi show.

now if QUAKE 4 is made, witch has to be released after doom 4 if im correct, has to give the player the same great experience that the other previous QUAKE games gave us before, witch is being able to explore more without being told what to do every 5 seconds (if QUAKE was done today video)comes to mind. if you want to make a great game again, you need a perfect combination of great music, great sounds, a great engine and great textures.

one of the main reason QUAKE 4 relatively failed was because of the horrible textures. I mean, the engine was great but it was created a little bit more for the immersive experience;(think of games like Slender) so if you have a great engine with crappy textures, the game will look like a joke.

What makes the QUAKE games look so perfect is the fact that there seems to be a perfect mixture of the graphical and the geometrical. talented people worked on the sounds too, they were sublime and created perfectly with how the game looked like graphics wise.

On a totally unrelated note, if you took all the multi player fps games today and played them in such a way that they would have the exact same graphics as each other, witch one would be more enjoyable ? how many games give you the fun to play at 125 frames per second ?

So lets try to make something new and bold.'

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    They did. Rage. How'd that work out for most QL players?
    RAGE wasn't a new Quake game.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dji1 View Post
    And quake was amazing thanks to the amazing artwork of SENECA MENARD
    I believe Quake was amazing thanks to Adrian Carmack and Kevin Cloud. Seneca wasn't around till Doom3.

P.S. imo Q4 textures were okay, the engine was the real problem.
    Real life? Life is real?!

"Seneca wasn't around till Doom3."
    you are wrong, check your sources

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DragQueen View Post
    RAGE wasn't a new Quake game.
    I never said it was. You stated "they" make a new game. "They" being Zenimax/id made Rage.
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 09-22-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Fixed "They" into "You"

Senior Member DragQueen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I never said it was. They stated "they" make a new game. "They" being Zenimax/id made Rage.
    What the hell did you reply to my post for? I wasn't suggesting a new game series, just a new Quake game that wasn't Quake 5 Arena.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DragQueen View Post
    What the hell did you reply to my post for? I wasn't suggesting a new game series, just a new Quake game that wasn't Quake 5 Arena.
    Maybe instead of being rude about it you should learn how to word your posts better. Nowhere in your post
    (I got an amazing idea, they could make a new game instead of a new Quake 3 remake!)
    did you say anything about it not being a new game series.
    Learn to word your thoughts on the Internet. People can't be expected to know what you're thinking.

its a game of trolling or bumping comments that you judge as too smart to being read. lol

+ Reply to Thread