+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hitbox and enemymodel

*wriwner

hitbox and enemymodel

hello , im and old q3 player , some one told me the hitbox is not the same in ql as q3 , my question is what enemymodel fits the most for the quakelive hitbox?

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    The hitbox is now cylindrical rather than a box, making it a constant size depending on the angle of the other player - before it used to be a larger hitbox when seen from the diagonals. I *think* that TankJR is the best model for filling it, but most people still use Keel imho.

*wriwner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    The hitbox is now cylindrical rather than a box, making it a constant size depending on the angle of the other player - before it used to be a larger hitbox when seen from the diagonals. I *think* that TankJR is the best model for filling it, but most people still use Keel imho.
    ok thx for the answer.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    np, think there's a thread somewhere where someone actually did some graphics to illustrate the hitbox changes, if I find it I'll link it

EDIT: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-don-t-miss-it

2nd EDIT: I read through the thread a little -

Keel hitbox
    TankJR hitbox

So TankJR fits better, but most posters complained about preferring Keel's footstep/pain sounds.
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 09-17-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Keel fits the best per devs.

http://xdcclan.com/screenshots/ql_new_hitbox.jpg

Some people aim better with TankJR as the enemy model. If you're one of them then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Keel fits the best per devs.

http://xdcclan.com/screenshots/ql_new_hitbox.jpg

Some people aim better with TankJR as the enemy model. If you're one of them then go for it.
    Aren't we supposed to be looking at the outer green cylinders to reflect the +10% size they added?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Aren't we supposed to be looking at the outer green cylinders to reflect the +10% size they added?
    Which then shows Tank Jr as the better model

Member B4silisk is on a distinguished road B4silisk's Avatar
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Tank Jr is not good since it has negative hit box, meaning that even if you shoot part of its body it would not die. That's annoying specially for RG.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B4silisk View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Tank Jr is not good since it has negative hit box, meaning that even if you shoot part of its body it would not die. That's annoying specially for RG.
    The only portions of Tank Jr that aren't in the hitbox are a tiny portion of his arms and legs
    This does mean that you could get railthrus on people (and accurately think you did), but the majority of the railthrus are just bad aim.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    This topic as discussed countless times before, always eludes the actual real question: Where to shoot to hit the enemy if my ping P, enemy ping E, and my movement speed Z, enemy movement speed Y, with X weapon and which height you're atm or the enemy, enemy/you jumping or not. Then consider speed of weapon firing, ie rockets travel speed, or if instant, the unlagged netcode, what's the margin for error with unstable ping. It's quite a few things to consider.
    It is entirely pointless to discuss where to shoot to hit enemy that stands still.

+ Reply to Thread