+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One more time about shuffle

Member chaTzon is on a distinguished road
    imo its not much bout shuffle, becuz in my case im switchin daily from t4 to t3, and when im t3 again, i literally do it alone in the game, and ppl call "why not shuffle" (when in fact this game is shuffled) but some fallen t4 players are simple to strong for most t3 players
    Im a Nab, dont hold the fire!!!

Member Yoko is on a distinguished road Yoko's Avatar
    chaTzon, yeah, but it's about shuffle too B4 starting a match, players call shuffle many times, trying to 'catch' in one team all *best/stronger* players (like they think) and pass weaker in another.
    I know that your back is your one big blind spot.

*an00bis86
    @ Yoko:
    Shuffle players within the parameters of keeping each team's SR balanced? It's not always possible, which is why you'll get 'no players shuffled'.

As an example, consider the following scenario in a 2 vs. 2 match, where the four players have ratings of 1, 2, 2, and 3, respectively. Shuffle will lead to 1 and 3 ending up on one team, and the two 2's ending up on the other team. To me, that seems fair as both teams have an SR of 4. However, if you were to try to shuffle again, it's clear that nothing would happen as an other configuration of players would lead to one team having a slight edge over the other. I admit the example is a bit contrived, but I think you get the idea.

As for being in a blowout match, my only suggestion would be for id to force shuffling before every match starts, and requiring a majority of the players in the server to vote against it to stop it. However, when this suggestion was previously brought up in another thread, the consensus was no one wants this. Therefore, I don't know what else to tell you.

@ Lam:
    I totally agree about people trying to reshuffle to end up with a player they think can carry the team to victory. It's actually humourous that they think they know better than the shuffle, since it tends to backfire on them most of the time. Now, if everyone knows everyone in the server, and have a good idea of each player's ability, then manually shuffling teams is probably more accurate; however, this is generally not the case in most servers.

ye yoko so what ? =) shuffle is random, since when u shuffle a 5 times, it can happen that teams keep the same as they connected on the server....shuffle shud detect the most acc players and spread them fairly in the teams, but i dont think this is the shuffle system works mh

@ an00bis86:
    Yeah, good example, i've got it. But i'm not completely understand why in last X games [CA, 5vs5/6vs6/7vs7] half of my teammates are so weak and in the end of the match have scores like 3:12/1:8/6:15 etc. I know that some players are concerned only about themselves and not think about whole team, but i think that this can be an bad shuffle too. Plus don't forget about noobs [like speedcore] who join the game and make a disbalance, and who not going to the specs just because they think that this is funny.

@ chaTzon:
    But the problems with balance exists, isn't it?

sure, they exist, but its funny, coze in the past when q3a came out and with it ra3 there were not even a balance, u have to game until u getting better, im frustrated too when i play on a t4 server, and there are some players killing the best easily, but however, u have to handle it, or buy pro and invite friends wit same skill level mh

@ chaTzon:
    I'm already have a PRO, but inviting friends all the time is not a solution, it's just one of possible options. I hope that DEV's take a look at this forum and maybe they fix/upgrade 'balance question', nothing more.

<..>u have to game until u getting better <..>
    Yep, agree [especially on LAN, where is no mercy ]. But i'm on '4/GOLD' tier in CA and looks like i've reached my limits [because of bad ping + quick FPS drops]. And the question is why 2/3/n players dragging down all team [by shootion in the walls, jumping around etc] and it happens so often?

i simply think its quiet hard to code a good shuffle balance system, i mean there a tons of facts, even you yoko

u say u are t4/gold so ur acc is not even 20, but u can own...i met some player who had 26-27acc and they were weak as dUCK, but then i got some friends who have 22acc overall and beating some 30acc...so its vry hard to get a good and fair balance, since we all humans, and we are unpredictibla

my 2 cents

@ chaTzon:
    I agree with you. My %acc is going down due lags, as i told in previous message. And one good solution how to beat an '~30% acc warrior': keep your distance from him, no close combat cuz you'll be totally shafted [especially if he has a good ping].

Senior Member thuNDa is on a distinguished road

shuffle broken as never before

now it's like you can only shuffle once, and after that another shuffle keep the same teams, no matter how often you shuffle again.
    what can we do then, when we see unfair teams?
    also leaving the server, like we have to when only bad maps are votable?

+ Reply to Thread