Junior Member hellscorp is on a distinguished road

variables in mouse accel calculation

hi
    i am using a standard pc mouse with:
    800dpi and my sens in game is 3
    my question is what is the value that i should put in the command
    "cl_mouseaccel = (x value)".

i have read in other post that this is the equation:

new_accel = old_accel * ((old_cpi/new_cpi)^2)

old_accel = what is this value??since i dont have any accel at the moment it would be 0 and anything multiply by zero is 0 so the whole equation would be zero

old_cpi = this would be 800 right

new_cpi = what it this??? where should i get this value i dont have any new cpi

all i want is to calulate what accel should i put in my command cl_mouseaccel but i dont know the values of this variables (new_cpi, old_accel) or where should i get it

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    what do you want to do anyway?

i want to know where i can get the value of the variables in this formula "new_accel = old_accel * ((old_cpi/new_cpi)^2)" to calculate the correct mouse_accel,

i have a 800dpi standar hp pc mouse and a 3 in my game sens, so i want to know where can i get the new_cpi and the old accel that appear in the formula, the only thing i know is the "old_cpi", but since i dont have any accel at the moment i dont know what to put in the "old_accel" it would be zero becauze i dont have any?? and i also dont know what to put in "new_cpi"????

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    old accel is the value of cl_MouseAccel. If it is 0 then you can just ignore it.

I suspect that you're trying to use the m_cpi cvar and convert your sensitivity numbers over (although that's not clear from your post).

In that case, simply set m_cpi to 800, and use:

new_sens = old_sens * (old_yaw * m_cpi / 2.54)

new_sens = 3 * (0.022 * (800 / 2.54))

new_sens = 3 * 6.92913385827

new_sens = 20.7874015748

Since you aren't changing the CPI you don't need to change anything regarding that.

I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do, so if it isn't please clarify.

hi i want to put a value in the comand "cl_MouseAccel" in the comand console of my game to acelerate my mouse movement to help me do quick 180 turns, since i hace 3 game sens

what i'm trying to do its found what value should i put in this command "cl_mouseaccel". and i wanted to know where i found the vlaues of the othrers variables in the formula that help calculate the correct cl_MouseAccel. i have a mouse of 800 dpi and no cl_MouseAccel at the moment.

pls can sombody explan me what is this yaw and what is that 2.54 that you put in the formula thx in advance, so what are you trying to say with that new_sens = 20.7874015748 thats too big to put in as my game sens

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellscorp View Post
    hi i want to put a value in the comand "cl_MouseAccel" in the comand console of my game to acelerate my mouse movement to help me do quick 180 turns, since i hace 3 game sens
    Ok, for 800 cpi probably should start with 0.01 and move up in small increments of 0.01, 0.5 is probably too much.

what i'm trying to do its found what value should i put in this command "cl_mouseaccel". and i wanted to know where i found the vlaues of the othrers variables in the formula that help calculate the correct cl_MouseAccel. i have a mouse of 800 dpi and no cl_MouseAccel at the moment.
    There's nothing to calculate. Those formulas are for people who already are using mouse accel and wish to convert it to a new value since they have either changed their mouse CPI (ie. 400 to 800), or wish to use QL's m_cpi function which changes the units used by the various numbers to something more commonly known. The m_cpi cvar is not terribly popular.

Most people find what mouse accel they like by trial and error, or testing out someone else's.

pls can sombody explan me what is this yaw and what is that 2.54 that you put in the formula thx in advance,
    Yaw is m_yaw (the horizontal sensitivity), pitch is m_pitch (the vertical sensitivity).

The value of sensitivity is multiplied by both m_yaw and m_pitch to produce the final sensitivity. This enables you to raise/lower the vertical sensitivity in relation to the horizontal.

The 2.54 is to convert inches to centimeters. Since mouse manufacturers use DPI or more correctly CPI (Dots or Counts per Inch) a conversion must be made from inches to centimeters. So CPI/2.54 is counts per centimeter. (1 inch = 2.54 cm)

so what are you trying to say with that new_sens = 20.7874015748 thats too big to put in as my game sens
    That would be your sensitivity in degrees/cm when m_cpi = your CPI. If you aren't interested in using m_cpi, which I don't think you are then just ignore that.

+ Reply to Thread