+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: put delag!!

Junior Member tUrco_ is on a distinguished road

put delag!!

i wanna play qlive,but i plays with 90-100 ping,so qlive havnt delag,=i cant hit.
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-12-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Harassing or Defamatory

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I'm just going to point out the irony of the last "sentence" and leave it at that since there's really nothing to say.

EDIT: Sync ruined my post by taking out the ironic portion. :P
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 09-12-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Member cladinshadows is on a distinguished road
    I find it really funny to read horrible english. Until I look up my old posts

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    We already have unlagged up to 80ms. And that's bad enough (imo), upping that would make it even worse.
    I understand your problem, and I feel sorry if that's the only option for you (playing with 100ish ping). But unlagged has some annoying side effects for low pingers. Also I think it's safe to say the majority of players nowadays can ping below 80 somewhere.

However, I'm all for having unlagged servers with a bigger threshold if we get some non-unlagged servers. But that probably won't happen due to other reasons (community separation, server manageability, etc)
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*lag_master
    I agree with tUrco. Why id software can't put delag in insta games? I have 130 ping in europe. Unreal play good with that ping

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by lag_master View Post
    I agree with tUrco. Why id software can't put delag in insta games? I have 130 ping in europe. Unreal play good with that ping
    Because it ruins the experience for everyone else. This is not call of duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*lag_master
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Because it ruins the experience for everyone else. This is not call of duty.
    what are u talking about? why it ruins? Just makes the chances of players to win the same.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-15-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by lag_master View Post
    what are u talking about? why it ruins? Just makes the chances of players to win the same.
    Such a huge lag compensation is detrimental for the guy that pings 20 to the server, making the game feel random to everyone. There's no such a thing as a magic delag measure that completely removes server-client distances and pings, nor a measure that deals with it without consequences.

The cod reference is because of its silly netcode (black ops 2 is a prime example) that literally works as a second aim assist. Quake, cs, etc. are vastly more precise than those, and making netcode cod-like (so people with 130 ping get compensaiton) destroys that aspect for the rest of players.

Are you sure your ping is not tied to bad internet connection (which in the end is your fault) or bad routing (same, for the most part)? In which country do you live?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-15-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    lag_master complaining about the lag. Hmmm..

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    While we are on the subject of pings. What is Qlive set up for as ideal? I remember quake before being set up for ideal as 60 (ping) and 60(fps). Anything below 60 ping and you were doing good. Anything above that you had to work with it and anything over 100 was a chore. Also is there anything to be done about "jitter". My ISP holds my signal as they advertise "boost" to try to bring the numbers up for line speed. The problem is when you play a fast game like quake jitter can screw you. There is no way to remove "boost" as it is on the ISP level. But sometimes when it is bad aim points change rather then stay consistent. Any thoughts guys and gals ?

+ Reply to Thread