+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Update - September 11, 2012

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cia_ran_9_11 View Post
    Really, no tweaks to space camp? Really? Still going with a thousand ways to fall into space? oooohkay

Really? The bug where you get dropped "due to inactivity" if the match runs long, to a draw, STILL ISN'T FIXED? I see people dropped "due to inactivity" every day when a match does to a draw. They're dropped as they're just waiting for the match to end (because they died). Why are you developers and managers ignoring this ongoing bug? I've seen threads about it, I've brought it up when people are dropped "for inactivity" just before "round draw" is declared, and I point it out when they rejoin the match, yet STILL it's not fixed. Sheesh just add 5 measly seconds to the setting for dropping someone for inactivity and it would solve this. Good grief.
    *Or* you could talk to people instead of just watching.
    *Or* you could switch PoV to another person (or freecam and ghost like a noob).
    I've never been kicked for inactivity in a game except when I've literally stood up and walked away from the computer. I don't understand how anyone else can be if they're actively in the server.

EDIT: completely unrelated, but cia_ran_9_11 doesn't know how to strafe, so they probably die often (since I just spectated them in a game)
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 09-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Member PitValid is an unknown quantity at this point
    i correct my first post.... i see pro 3,99 but its 7,99 for one month..... bad id really bad..... you dont understand what the people want....

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cia_ran_9_11 View Post
    Really, no tweaks to space camp? Really? Still going with a thousand ways to fall into space? oooohkay
    That's... kinda the entire point of the map. How about you stop playing space maps if you don't wanna fall into space?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PitValid View Post
    i correct my first post.... i see pro 3,99€ but its 7,99€ for one month..... bad id really bad..... you dont understand what the people want....
    They're not going to give away the monthly subscriptions.

@Cat: lol

Member Frannatic is on a distinguished road Frannatic's Avatar
    yep finally new offers about prem/pro. one sad thing is that it is a bit expensive for pro subscriber. but for those ones who want to stay cheap, just buy prem for 1 month for 4 euro. this isnt expensive at all. so pls everyone buy prem or pro. this will make the game much more enjoyable.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PitValid View Post
    i correct my first post.... i see pro 3,99€ but its 7,99€ for one month..... bad id really bad..... you dont understand what the people want....
    It's been said 999999999 times that in not a single thing in the world pricing is the same in per month payment than paying 12 months upfront, because of transaction costs and other factors that were the reason why 12 months was the only choice.

People already knew that but still asked not to have just one option (12 months) so they didn't have to commit for a year to the game, and now that you have the options you are complaining basically about how the world works? It's just another excuse not to pay.
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-11-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B View Post
    only 1 criticism:

Allow Eliminated Players to Freecam Spectate option added to Start-a-Match for CA and A&D
    how about adding that to FT too?

B
    I think you misunderstood. Right now in CA and A&D, when you die you can spec a teammate or you can freecam (ghost). There was a recent ESR discussion of how ghosting is cheating and shouldn't be done. This option allows the server creator to turn off the option.

I guess this could be an option for FT as well, but that makes much less sense to me. You're still alive, with a body in the match. Why should you be able to go scout the other team?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    I think you misunderstood. Right now in CA and A&D, when you die you can spec a teammate or you can freecam (ghost). There was a recent ESR discussion of how ghosting is cheating and shouldn't be done. This option allows the server creator to turn off the option.

I guess this could be an option for FT as well, but that makes much less sense to me. You're still alive, with a body in the match. Why should you be able to go scout the other team?
    The wording is weird though. From reading patch notes I thought public servers would have freecam turned off, which would be the proper way to do it and what the community's been asking for years, but it's the opposite.

Also I don't get why they didn't add at least one map to the game. Since they've been adding some wcp and ra3 maps recently they probably have the rights for others too, and in both map packs there are some of the very best and classic quake3 maps of all time. Besides those 2 there are thousands of q3 maps out there too.
    Alternative is that they expect QL to last 10 years, so they have to release few maps they have the rights to use in order to not run out of them before that time, but I don't see a 5 years future (september 2017).

(pretty bipolar posts I know lol)
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Junior Member stphn is on a distinguished road
    yay new sub system, after I've bought a 12 month sub. mehhhhhhhhhh
    I still dislike the voting system, but w/e
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-11-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    wooo I've *always* wanted quake to just automatically map_restart if the same map is voted, and now it does it in every game mode =)

Really glad to see the duel queue fixed up too, can't have been fun with that broken for a bit.

+ Reply to Thread