+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody point me at forums elsewhere for Quake stuff?

Junior Member ScreechingSnake is on a distinguished road

Question Can anybody point me at forums elsewhere for Quake stuff?

PlanetQuake has all manner of good stuff but doesn't have a useful forum pointer. The blurb about their forum moderator takes you to the IGN GameSpy forum which has nothing Quake specific. I've posted a query over there but I'm not too hopeful. Here, at least, everybody's a Quake head.

Having spent several years using Alien Arena on various crappy PC's (QL did work OK on the most recent of those) I finally have a decent machine, which does of course handle AA/Galaxy quite nicely but I thought I'd give real Quake a shot and DL'd the toy Q3 demo. It's vaguely fun in its limited sort of way and way nicer looking and sounding than AA, but I'll cheerfully spring for one of the cheaper actual CD's on offer (are those $295-please folks COMPLETELY mad?) so I can rejoin the Quake server/players community, assuming that's still around and Q3-the-CD will run OK on my 64Bit Win7 2Gb 1.8 Mhz with cable modem, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video.

TIA for any pointers anyone can give me re a Q3-forum site or other need to knows.
    /Gary

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    what's quake stuff?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Isn't esr basically the go-to place?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Save yourself! Avoid ESR while you still can! :P

Junior Member ScreechingSnake is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, all. Pikaluva13: not a fan of ESR I gather. Bad experiences? BTW I'll have to upload a shot of my granddaughter's Pikachu tat if your handle means what I think it does.

I have registered for ESR and taken a quick stare at the forum. Gotta run.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    TBH the vast majority of the Quake community is playing QL now anyway. Unless you're specifically a defragger or a CPM player I wouldn't bother so much with Q3.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    QL players=most of them are vets....btw ask turk in gen section in facebook group thread,,,he is memeber of many q3 forums...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreechingSnake View Post
    Thanks, all. Pikaluva13: not a fan of ESR I gather. Bad experiences? BTW I'll have to upload a shot of my granddaughter's Pikachu tat if your handle means what I think it does.

I have registered for ESR and taken a quick stare at the forum. Gotta run.
    Yup, that's what my name means :P
    I was just saying that ESR is full of trolling and jerks. It's less moderated than here and that means that the majority of it is just people arguing with each other about nothing in general.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    yup, that's what my name means
    i was just saying that esr is full of trolling and jerks. It's less moderated than here and that means that the majority of it is just people arguing with each other about nothing in general.
    not true, we're arguing about some thing

+ Reply to Thread