+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recent Quake Live Changes

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    There are lots of features that i'd like to see in QL such as anti cheat, but look around you. The grass isn't greener on the other side.
    Quake is quake, and there's nothing else quite like it. If you are a true quake player, it coarses thru your blood, and isn't something that's optional in any way what so ever.
    That's a very good point. There's no other fast paced fps game that has 1% of QL's playerbase (if anyone disagrees go try some) or that's close as being as good as it is. Right now it is QL or nothing.
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Member B4silisk is on a distinguished road B4silisk's Avatar
    Well, at first I didn't notice a change after the update and actually liked the vote system but instagib mods are almost completely gone, at least for East coast players. iCTF used to have at least 5 servers running but just recently after this map rotation you'll be lucky to find 1 server, and I'm serious (I play in private servers too btw, and even when people make them are hard to populate them)...I've been playing iCTF since 2009...everything went to hell in contrast of what it used to be.

So basically if you think about it, the only playable maps for iCTF with the current map choices are courtyard, Rebound, and Siberia, the rest are just space and completely boring maps.

I'm also upset with clans that keep recruiting people...clans that have more than 30 members and don't allow other clans to grow so there can be more variety and a more competitive environment.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by B4silisk View Post
    Well, at first I didn't notice a change after the update and actually liked the vote system but instagib mods are almost completely gone, at least for East coast players. iCTF used to have at least 5 servers running but just recently after this map rotation you'll be lucky to find 1 server, and I'm serious (I play in private servers too btw, and even when people make them are hard to populate them)...I've been playing iCTF since 2009...everything went to hell in contrast of what it used to be.

So basically if you think about it, the only playable maps for iCTF with the current map choices are courtyard, Rebound, and Siberia, the rest are just space and completely boring maps.

I'm also upset with clans that keep recruiting people...clans that have more than 30 members and don't allow other clans to grow so there can be more variety and a more competitive environment.
    Same solution as ever. Invite people to premium servers using a pro account, and/or have friends with pro and premium accounts.

Clans with 30 members aren't competitive clans but made just for fun, such as drunk and -ffa-. Players from those clans in reality are a part of others.

And in your very specific case q3 might be an option, because of 1.16 noghost insta.
    Also, mandatory lol instagib and lol ictf.

Member DC_ is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by B4silisk View Post

I agree about the rotations - in theory was a good idea, but as an example, this month really bites. As far as clans recruiting 30+ players, I tend to agree with YMCMB. Those clans are not so competitive and are just for fun, while clans like OK, RIP and ROTN are more stringent. Personally, our (ROTN) new recruiting process has limited the amount of newly accepted apps, and we remove inactives, so we have really refined our membership down to a very active clan - and one of quality and good people. I think any serious clan should take this approach to refining their membership base as so. Our rules are simple: good attitude and sportsmanship or you lose the ROTN tag. We vote you in based on how active you are with our team and your ATTITUDE, not just based on skill. I think that approach has really created a quality clan of fun, good hearted people who are also serious about the game.

Lastly, I love QL. It's the best online FPS out there. Although things aren't always perfect, and there is always room for improvement, it's my home.

DC_

ROTN = Revenge of the Noobz!
    http://www.rotn-clan.info
    ROTN CLAN LEADER
    destructionCREW aka DC
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.revengeofthenoobz.info

Member Mistertwister is on a distinguished road
    it's already been said more than enough times, but here goes again....

pay up and you won't find anything lacking anymore.

things are the way things are now because the developers have bills to pay, and all you freeloaders aren't contributing to the bottom line.

if you joined expecting to be able to play this game indefinitely, for free, then you joined the wrong game.

Junior Member simio7331 is on a distinguished road
    I remember when quakelive started, they advertised as a free to pay by being an ad supported game. Eventually they came up with Premium which added more features, private servers, more maps etc this was totally fine. Now on the last update they ruined what they were about by taking away features to see if they could chip in a few more players to pay, most of them are leaving and now the people who play complain the community is shrinking. Quakelive now looks like a free demo and a shadow of its former self, I hope it goes back to what it used to be or its not going to have a bright future.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Here's an idea, but hold on to your hats because it's truly a difficult concept to grasp.

How about everyone purchase the bare minimum membership @ a whopping $20 for an entire year, heck, maybe even renew it the next year because you obviously enjoy this game and ID's service. All of your problems will then likely be resolved. I can understand that $1.67/mo can compromise your ability to pay your bills (if you have any) and live a satisfactory life.

With this level of naivety, I'm still dumbfounded that this game still exists.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smajdah View Post
    I recently logged into my account and found out that dm6 is premium map? This is absurd. I even just wanted to play practice match for fun, but i can't because i need to update the map by playing it online...
    It's premium until it comes back into the standard map rotation pool. Then it will be free again. Or....cough up that $1.67/month and play it anytime.
    Last edited by SyncError; 11-19-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

+ Reply to Thread