+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recent Quake Live Changes

*srs_

Recent Quake Live Changes

What has happened to Quake Live? They take our regular maps, Almost Lost, Lost World, Bloodrun, Campgrounds, etc etc... Just for premiums? What the hell is going on?! And this voting system? I saddens me to see that Quake has lost all of it's qualitys. I thought this was going to be one of the few games that wouldn't require to buy any kind of subscriptions to enjoy it at it's max. But it seems money speaks louder... This is a goodbye to Quake
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-06-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Member XTINA_AGUILERA is on a distinguished road
    I feel sorry for Clan Arena players who cant play more than 2 maps (Campgrounds & Almost Lost). Ahaha TBH I like most of the CTF maps and since new map rotation I dont even miss Spacectf ^^ ...
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Duel players whine about Bloodrun xD
    But Quake Live isnt dying, you can log in anytime and start a match so...(European servers ofc.)
    Last edited by XTINA_AGUILERA; 09-06-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Member cladinshadows is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by srs_ View Post
    What has happened to Quake Live? They take our regular maps, Almost Lost, Lost World, Bloodrun, Campgrounds, etc etc... Just for premiums? What the hell is going on?! And this voting system? I saddens me to see that Quake has lost all of it's qualitys. I thought this was going to be one of the few games that wouldn't require to buy any kind of subscriptions to enjoy it at it's max. But it seems money speaks louder... This is a goodbye to Quake
    srs_
    So you only going to quit playing quake from your alias? That would be nice. But I agree with you though.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by XTINA_AGUILERA View Post
    I feel sorry for Clan Arena players who cant play more than 2 maps (Campgrounds & Almost Lost). Ahaha TBH I like most of the CTF maps and since new map rotation I dont even miss Spacectf ^^ ...
    Yeah, it's been awesome for me so far. People started playing on premium servers and now there's actually pub ctf activity. It's like they are starting to discover there's more to quake than CA on dm6.

As for dueling, I know pub duel is less active than before mainly because of the queuing system, as good players always used premium servers anyway, so I signed up to a tournament lol (ban ztn. Get to quarterfinals)
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Please go die somewhere else with your thread.....I dont want that Sync or mods has problems with garbage and bad smell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road
    Quake is dying!

*Eddie_Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by DEICIDE View Post
    Quake is dying!
    No, it is not

Senior Member mojon is on a distinguished road mojon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_Dean
    Quote Originally Posted by DEICIDE
    Quake is dying!
    No, it is not
    *Facepalm* Quake's been dying since 1996. Everybody knows that.

*iz6z
    well you got to know about it before you can find it,i came from a doom port which has way less players on it than ql..so to me its a happening place but seriously its just that not many people know about it.i didnt it was just me researching doom did i even think of the vastly unsuperior game called quake..but somehow id managed to do a good job on this also
    Last edited by iz6z; 09-07-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    They only need to make the voting of maps within the standard rotation easier and possible, least for subscribers, and its fine.
    In quake 3 cups and leagues were payed for as well with servers running - nothing has really changed on that end financially, even more so now then ever before in history of quake, getting your server running with your settings within a multitude of gametypes etc. are easier then it ever was. This is something that we do see a progression with, both in terms of the community with the SAM greasemonkey script, and later updates have brought new customization options to server settings as well as the game settings itself.

In terms of running a cup, a tourney, a league, whatever, in practicality one can do this now with a simple subscription account, that one could easily share as one seen fit with other trusted friends/adms for said cup,tourney,league etc. - and you can now POST that on the quakelive website under community news and it will show up on the front page.

It's a brink of detail that I requested a long time ago, but it's getting there. We can argue all day that the development is slow, but even more so people seem obsessed with the need to NOT support the game they say they want to play - and then go on hating without trying to support or help the situation at hand themselves.

There are lots of features that I'd like to see in QL such as anti cheat, but look around you. The grass isn't greener on the other side.
    Quake is quake, and there's nothing else quite like it. If you are a true quake player, it coarses thru your blood, and isn't something that's optional in any way what so ever.
    Last edited by DCR; 09-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread