View Poll Results: INSTAGIB PLAYERS ONLY: Do you want to have InstaGIB Ranked (All modes separate tiers)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Have separate tiers)

20 100.00%
  • Yes (Use the regular tiers)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RANK - The Ranked Instagib Petition Clan (Open to Everyone -- Simply Ask)

Junior Member RockHeadRumple is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    fauX, looks like you made it to Tier 4 in CTF.
    You'd think that was it, however I've been Tier 4 in CTF for months, so I'm not really sure what else could have changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    Before you probably saw both Tier 3 (green) and Tier 4 (orange) servers. Now you'll just see T4 as green.
    Until today there were always 3 green (skill matched) and 3 orange (unrestricted) instaCTF servers in my local vicinity server list. Now there are 2 green and 3 orange. The only difference is one server that used to be green is no longer in my server list and that just happens to be the only one with an actual game going in the country. Thing is, there is only ever one going in Australia.

Given I've been Tier 4 for as long as I can remember, I don't really know what's going on with this. Could it be possible one of those green servers has been changed so that only lower Tiers can join, while the other two were left as is?

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    Didn't play this week yet (PC problems) but last time I did downtiering was still available in CTF.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fauX View Post
    You'd think that was it, however I've been Tier 4 in CTF for months, so I'm not really sure what else could have changed?

Until today there were always 3 green (skill matched) and 3 orange (unrestricted) instaCTF servers in my local vicinity server list.
    Ah, OK. So my next logical guess would be that since they rotated back in some popular CTF maps, many of the folks have gone back to playing regular CTF instead of insta? Or maybe the insta folks don't like the new rotation and are playing something else? But I'm just guessing here. If you show empty servers in your game view, you should still see just as many servers; I doubt that's the issue.

Maybe create a new account and check out tier 3

Junior Member RockHeadRumple is on a distinguished road
    The instaCTF scene itself hasn't changed due to the map rotation changes in the last few days. The instaCTF server is still as populated as ever. In Australia there's only ever 1 active server at any one time while all the others remain empty. The one I couldn't see yesterday is the one people were playing on most of the day. I could see that instaCTF server existed and was populated because of looking at the servers my friends are in. Day before yesterday I could join that server when I was Tier 4. Yesterday, I was still Tier 4 but it said my skill is too high. So yep, nothing had changed at all as I see it except that I could no longer join for some mystery reason.

But, today I can see and join that server. That is, I can see 6 instaCTF servers today. Yesterday I could see 5. The day before I could see 6. I'm still Tier 4 and that's never changed on any of those days. So yep, its a mystery what's going on there to me. I do note that the mystery disappearing server is today listed as unrestricted instead of skill matched.
    Last edited by RockHeadRumple; 09-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    UPDATE: Clan Disbanded (Issue Moving to Discussion soon)

+ Reply to Thread