View Poll Results: INSTAGIB PLAYERS ONLY: Do you want to have InstaGIB Ranked (All modes separate tiers)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Have separate tiers)

20 100.00%
  • Yes (Use the regular tiers)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RANK - The Ranked Instagib Petition Clan (Open to Everyone -- Simply Ask)

Hybrid View

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb RANK - The Ranked Instagib Petition Clan (Open to Everyone -- Simply Ask)

The RANK clan has only been existent for about 3 weeks, and it is growing strong... We need your support so that it is possible to have separate instagib tiers for each gametype, as well as ones for games with all weapons too... Once the clan has enough members (100), I will write QL support and have all you guys as backup for the cause...

Junior Member RockHeadRumple is on a distinguished road
    Great idea. Send me an invite

Junior Member nomadik is on a distinguished road
    ...why? There is not near enough people playing instagib to have separate tiers.

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    Because instagib is a different gametype, that's why.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    FYI: The definitive thread on insta stats and petitioning id - http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...layer-Petition

IDK if the solution is separate tiers. I used to consider myself 'overranked' because insta would push up my CTF tier ranking. But now it's the other way around because all those Unranked CTF servers like GreenBastard's have over-boosted it even further. If Instagib and Unranked servers are 'unranked' why bother with tracking tiers there at all? And the game results certainly shouldn't affect your current skill rating.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    FYI: The definitive thread on insta stats and petitioning id - http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...layer-Petition

IDK if the solution is separate tiers. I used to consider myself 'overranked' because insta would push up my CTF tier ranking. But now it's the other way around because all those Unranked CTF servers like GreenBastard's have over-boosted it even further. If Instagib and Unranked servers are 'unranked' why bother with tracking tiers there at all? And the game results certainly shouldn't affect your current skill rating.
    You will have one ranking for IntaCTF and another for CTF.... Easy answer... You might be tier 1 in CTF and tier 4 in InstaCTF, or vice versa..

I think you might have missed the vague point I was trying to make. But whatever gives me more big orange & gold bars in my profile, I'm totally for
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Junior Member entrapped is on a distinguished road
    well the thing is..
    I'm playing instaGIB ONLY. I'm not interested in other game types at all.

and yes - I'd like to know my skill, average acu %, have total frag count..

mate, count me in!!

Junior Member RockHeadRumple is on a distinguished road
    Okay, I originally thought this was a good idea and are in the RANK clan. However, I may not have thought it through well enough.

In Australia there is usually only ever one instaCTF server that is populated at any time. Today, that server is now refusing me to join based on my skill being too high.

I think this is new, btw. Until today I've always been able to join any instaCTF server.

Thing is, there are no other instaCTF games to join and not enough instaCTF players to split between multiple servers at any one time.

So, if tiers for instaCTF start getting applied to servers, then at least here, that will ruin the insta scene as I see it.

I'm all for separate insta statistics, but I see plenty of reason not to have separate tiers in a gametype that isn't that populated.

Thoughts?

fauX, looks like you made it to Tier 4 in CTF. Before you probably saw both Tier 3 (green) and Tier 4 (orange) servers. Now you'll just see T4 as green. Tiers have applied in this way for quite a while (I think it was a year ago they stopped down-tier slumming).

+ Reply to Thread