+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2012 Standard Rotation

Senior Member RD6 is an unknown quantity at this point
    While I'm glad ztn and tox are in the rotation, the total number of players won't change much since you still can't callvote. Not to mention ca is ridiculously dead right now. We can argue how it's a bad game mode and whatnot, but it doesn't change the fact that a large majority played it.

I still don't understand how providing a rotation forces people to pay. The casuals don't give a crap what map they play, and the veterans quit a while back.

Junior Member nomadik is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, just played Trinity three times in a row because there were no other good maps. I have a pro account, but there's not nearly enough of us to actually play the maps we like. I just purchased this subscription 2 weeks ago too, I feel like this has been a massive waste of money. I will not be renewing next year.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RD6 View Post
    While I'm glad ztn and tox are in the rotation, the total number of players won't change much since you still can't callvote. Not to mention ca is ridiculously dead right now. We can argue how it's a bad game mode and whatnot, but it doesn't change the fact that a large majority played it.

I still don't understand how providing a rotation forces people to pay. The casuals don't give a crap what map they play, and the veterans quit a while back.
    The casuals complain, the veterans already had premium/pro accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by caje View Post
    Thanks, just played Trinity three times in a row because there were no other good maps. I have a pro account, but there's not nearly enough of us to actually play the maps we like. I just purchased this subscription 2 weeks ago too, I feel like this has been a massive waste of money. I will not be renewing next year.
    Friend list for premium games (or the greasemonkey script), or just spawn a public standard server with callvoting enabled and a fixed rotation of 3 decent maps (trinity, space camp and ra3map1 or hells gate redux) so those are the only ones you can vote end-game.

There are some good new CA maps on the rotation, for example gothic rage, cold warand sorrow, but I get you can't put those in your 3 map list because people will leave the server as they are sheep that only know dm6's layout.
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Junior Member Stryker is on a distinguished road
    Your map pool sux u need to change back like it was ?vote maps

Senior Member RD6 is an unknown quantity at this point
    they complain but won't do anything about it
    and a lot of the vets who didn't have prem/pro quit

Eventually this game will peter out like quake 3 at this rate of map rotation it wont b long

Maybe they have hired bill nye the science guy to lay this out for them?
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-03-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Member DTBlud is on a distinguished road
    when can we have Rocket Arena mod? or options in CA to play like RA3?
    How about a 3 team option in CA and TDM so that when you have 3 people on a server you dont have to play 2v1 or 1v1 while 1 sits, why not 1v1v1....?
    Thanks for continuing to try and make QL better
    you will always have whiners no matter what you do.

Junior Member LynchRobinson is on a distinguished road
    Genuine questions, does anyone actually want to play Spacecamp for any reason whatsoever other than morbid curiosity and does anyone think Hell's Gate Redux is better than Hell's Gate?

Junior Member rancour is on a distinguished road
    I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I grew up playing ID games and thought pretty highly of your company until recently.

I'm in charge of structuring bus dev deals within the game industry and I can tell you that I won't even attempt to do business with a company that handles themselves this way. You have bigger problems than QL dying...your company image is getting tarnished.

+ Reply to Thread