+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: September 2012 Standard Rotation

Junior Member NastyTime is on a distinguished road
    I'm SpaceCTF player and this is my second pro subscription. Since 3rd of September 2012. there is almost noonne to play with that map and I'm starting to experience my subscription is more and more worthless. Before this map pool my server was filled in several minutes to the maximum number of team slots and in night hours 16 player slots were not enough to host everyone who would like to join. Now, I can enjoy private quiet server with max 4 players if I wait an hour or so including all invites. SpaceCTF should be excluded from map pool because such players are like subculture of QUAKELIVE. This is my opinion and probably the key to hold on great amount of players. Cheers!
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-10-2012 at 07:50 AM.

*sl1cer
    very bad map pool

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyTime View Post
    I'm SpaceCTF player and this is my second pro subscription. Since 3rd of September 2012. there is almost noonne to play with that map and I'm starting to experience my subscription is more and more worthless. Before this map pool my server was filled in several minutes to the maximum number of team slots and in night hours 16 player slots were not enough to host everyone who would like to join. Now, I can enjoy private quiet server with max 4 players if I wait an hour or so including all invites. SpaceCTF should be excluded from map pool because such players are like subculture of QUAKELIVE. This is my opinion and probably the key to hold on great amount of players. Cheers!
    With your invites it's at least 6 players (you and 5 standards). With one pro account friend you'll have 12 players in no time.

BTW there's no need to even have them in your friend list, and irc (and others) could be very helpful since as you said spacectf players are a subculture.

Not saying that's the way things should remain or that it might be the solution for all players, but it's the easiest one for your "problem".

Junior Member cajun_ is on a distinguished road
    The rotation stuff is fine, its the "you can't vote map" stuff what is a big FAIL!!... i must ask you admins if its your goal to kill this game, seriously.
    Also is very kind of you that you give to the main audience (or non premium users) a few premium maps for free every month so they see what they're missing, but making non premium maps premium its another FAIL!!. Maybe making the rotation a bit shorter, like for 2 weeks or so would be in the middle of the spectrum, so you don`t give so much stuff for free :S

Junior Member oakis is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for adding the worst maps possible for ctf. Its not quake anymore, its call of duty.

*eugene_
    My opinion about current map pool:
    Blood Run - more duels in Russia this time
    Cold War - good for iFFA
    Evolution - very good for railing in CA, my favourite one
    Gothic Rage - good for iFFA
    Grim Dungeons - good for iFFA and FFA
    Hells Gate Redux - good for iFFA and CA
    Overlord (CTF) - good. But boring to wait for 8vs8 game or play 4vs4.
    Rebound (CTF) - bad
    Siberia (CTF) - so so
    Skyward (CTF) - very good replacement for SpaceCTF
    Sorrow - good for FFA
    Space Camp - bad
    Theatre of Pain - the same as Overlord
    Trinity - very good for railing in CA, my favourite one
    Vortex Portal (CTF) - so so

In general I like that there is no dm6 this time

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It was never "broken". It will be different next month and people will continue to complain. If they just bought a Pro subscription they wouldn't have to worry about it ever again for a whole year.
    I have a Pro subscription and I hate it as much as anyone else. The only CTF games you see are stupid modified servers with some impossible modifications to play a game in.

Lucky if you get 1 good game a day in now.

Junior Member Svensland is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    So basically: You have no friends and won't invite the 7 that you've got. Just because you add people doesn't mean that you have to play with them all the time. It's just a good thing to add people that play the same gametype as you in locations near you so that you can get into more games.
    1. From that 7 I've got, 2 are regularly online and both are not my Tier Level
    2. When I add people, I get written down more often, I'm getting messages all the time "**** is online" "**** is offline"...etc.
    3. I simply don't want to be forced to pretend to like and add someone, so I can play a normal game on a normal map.
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-11-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Quit or Boycott Post & Inappropriate Language

*1990icherrybomb
    I knew this rotation was designed too get people to pay.One or two good maps and then a lot of junk.
    I was even shocked when I saw that terminal heights was now a premium map.
    The greed never ceases to amaze me.
    Last edited by SyncError; 09-12-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Junior Member Whips is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down

Looks like a lot of CA dm6 haters post here. When I browse the CA server list any campgrounds server is either full or 9/10 full.
    It is a constantly popular map regardless of the negative comments here.
    I guess the reasoning behind disabling them from voting is to "force" players into playing other less popular maps while indirectly "encouraging" players to purchase a prem/pro account. Let's face it the prem account is not good value for money unless you like organised clan matches.

Having played 1v1 on theatre of pain, it is quite painful, it is far too big and rounds that start of as 5v5, often end with a 1v1 or 2v1. This can go on for quite some time with skilful camping and escaping techniques; which in turn makes the entire game last 2 or 3 times longer than normal.
    This isn't fun especially when you have been ganged at the start of a round in seconds and have to watch & wait for the next 5 minutes....

The best map for CA imo is Trinity.
    Campgrounds, Overkill and Hells Gate ... gone? LOL

Removing ALL my favourite maps will NOT force me to purchase a prem/pro account.
    ul QL.

"Sign up for Premium or Pro today and experience the full benefits of QUAKE LIVE, including over 50 new arenas, an all new Freeze Tag game mode, and much more!"

Fail.

+ Reply to Thread