If you find a ready-made solution, let me know! I can't wait to switch to OKL; with 5 working buttons under my thumb!
Oh yeah, and I did some experiments with this in the past. If you turn on developer 1, you'll clearly see what's the problem, like for Caps Lock:
(that's press and release)Code:Warning: XLookupString failed on KeySym 65509 Warning: XLookupString failed on KeySym 65509
So if you look at Quake 3's public GPL release, you can easily add those keysyms without changing anything in the Windows code, just use AUX1 button for Menu and you're good. Patch attached. I am the sole author of those code changes and hereby I pass them into the public domain.
Obviously we can't patch QL like that though, so my next idea was to preload a library that would override XLookupString and return something else for those buttons. But from what I remember, it turned out QL doesn't use it, instead using XLookupKeysym or something. I got bored and didn't pursue this further.
There's no sources for Quake Live, so we can't just patch it ourselves. The problem has to be fixed by id Software. All you can do is open a support ticket and maybe point the support towards this thread.
Thanks, I'll do this, I mean write the ticket about this problem