+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Red Rover

*Elesdelover1986
    i dont get how this game works, the entire point is to be nr 1 on the leaderboard, but how does this relate to the fact that there are teams? Shouldnt the entire point of the ordeal be to make your team win? Now its just ffa with a detour... very very strange decision to make this gamemode play like this

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesdelover1986 View Post
    Shouldnt the entire point of the ordeal be to make your team win?
    Not in the usual sense. Here, teams are shuffled between rounds and you swap between teams often, so you don't play for a single team whole game.

You still need teamplay skills though! (finding and sticking around teammates, attacking in formation)

So the ultimate goal is not to make one team (red or blue) win the whole match, unlike all the other team modes. The goal is to keep playing good, whichever team you're on :)

You will find good explanation of why RR is perfect for a pub warmup mode in Memento_Mori's thread: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...Mode-Red-Rover

Member Mireru is on a distinguished road
    Give us old map pool back!

Senior Member everamzah is on a distinguished road everamzah's Avatar
    I really enjoy running around rocket jumping on this map, especially with all the vertical elements.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    <whine>
    OK, this is why I dislike Red Rover: http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/s...59031fd90/rr/1
    (and to some degree FFA)

I'm not horrible at Quake. In fact, I can do quite a bit of damage against my foes. But I hardly ever get that last 1 hp to score the frag. I know both RR and FFA are essentially all about staying alive and stealing frags, but it's so friggen frustrating! This match I scored the most damage, decent accuracy, and a good # of frags. But a ton of deaths and almost no points

This particular match was pretty fun in general, especially once it filled up. But omg, I'm so friggen tired of hitting two pretty good rockets on someone and then have somebody zap him from the side for the point. Or eeking out a frag and escaping with 50 hp to find a stacked enemy right around the next corner. I swear, for a game type with no health/armor to pick up, it's amazing how many fully stacked opponents there are. Ugh.
    </whine>

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    <whine>
    OK, this is why I dislike Red Rover: http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/s...59031fd90/rr/1
    (and to some degree FFA)

I'm not horrible at Quake. In fact, I can do quite a bit of damage against my foes. But I hardly ever get that last 1 hp to score the frag. I know both RR and FFA are essentially all about staying alive and stealing frags, but it's so friggen frustrating! This match I scored the most damage, decent accuracy, and a good # of frags. But a ton of deaths and almost no points

This particular match was pretty fun in general, especially once it filled up. But omg, I'm so friggen tired of hitting two pretty good rockets on someone and then have somebody zap him from the side for the point. Or eeking out a frag and escaping with 50 hp to find a stacked enemy right around the next corner. I swear, for a game type with no health/armor to pick up, it's amazing how many fully stacked opponents there are. Ugh.
    </whine>
    That's an old school skill that no newcomer has: The ability of stealing frags.

Also I imagine high level red rover (rofl) should be more about defending without receiving damage (RL) than attacking going for the trade (LG)

+ Reply to Thread