+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help binding commands- For people good with console!!!!

Junior Member DoppeIganger is on a distinguished road

Need help binding commands- For people good with console!!!!

Hey, im trying to bind 2 commands: Next Weapon, and Previous weapon.
    -I am trying to bind them to my mouse scroll button; I have this on a previous account<<< http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...n144/Quake.jpg

But i cannot get the right command to work to bind it successfully.
    If anyone can help me bind these commands to my mouse scroll, id love you very long time.

If you can help either post here or email me directly
    Burtons3456@my.uwstout.edu

Thanks all

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Think the menu UI is a little buggy at recognising mousewheel scrolls - use the console, accessed with either ` or CTRL+ALT+` (` = tilde key next to 1)

bind weapnext 'mwheelup'
    bind weapprev 'mwheeldown'

im not a noob xP but thanks for the help but im afraid that, that was unsuccessful.

-I know that the correct beginning is...
    "/bind Mwheeldown"
    "/bind Mwheelup".............but when typing in the action i need "Next Weapon" or "Previous Weapon" it says that command does not exist....so im afraid im still in some trouble

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    ah wait...I noobed up bad...too much alcohol tonight - swap the mwheelup bit with the weapnext bit and likewise for the next line

Code:
    bind mwheelup 'weapnext'
    bind mwheeldown 'weapprev'
    like so

ahhh Ive seemed to have tried it all

'NextWeap'
    'Nextweapon'
    'Next_Weapon'
    and the same for Previous i havent gotten anything to work yet =/

uhhh it's definitely as I just put it above - weapnext and weapprev

HEY i got it to work but instead of it being 'weapnext' it was "weapnext" need quotes not just apostrophe =D thank you!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoppeIganger View Post
    HEY i got it to work but instead of it being 'weapnext' it was "weapnext" need quotes not just apostrophe =D thank you!
    Ahh, a lot of people get used to putting the apostrophes instead of quotes when chatting with someone since Quake Live does not allow quotes in a chat. One way around this is to put two apostrophes '' so they that they interpret it as quotes and type that instead.

Won't help on the forum so much since people might just copy and paste. So sorry doppe, I think you were the victim of a common habit :-P

Oooops... yeah sorry about that... the ironic thing is you don't need any quote marks or apostrophes at all in this case I must stop trying to help people in the forums when I've had multiple bottles of wine
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 08-21-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Hahaha^

But hey! YOU HELPED ME! which is all i asked for, and we figured it out! DRINK ON, my 21st is actually tomorrow so ill join ya xP

+ Reply to Thread