View Poll Results: Do you like WolfcamQL?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like WolfcamQL

693 93.02%
  • I Dislike WolfcamQL

52 6.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 161 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast

Thread: WolfcamQL :D

Junior Member dsdl is on a distinguished road
    I captured some longer quakelive clips with Wolfcam (avi video with sound, 30 fps 800*600 res), each about 5-10 minutes long.. When I open the clips in Virtualdub they have the original length, so the capture seems to be fine. But now i want to edit the clips with Premiere (im using Premiere CS 5.5 and im a noob in it). My problem is, that if i import the clips, the programm says for each of them, that the length is 22:28 seconds, so much too short. Even when i drag&drop the video to the timeline it keeps his false length of 22 seconds in Premiere.. Whats going on here? Has anybody an idea?

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Import at the proper framerate. I have no idea how that program works, so that's all I can say.

Premiere automaticly identifies the correct framrate, and the playback speed is right, too, so this isnt the problem i think. Interestingly, if i first compress the avi clip with virtual dup and import the compressed video in Premiere it has the right length.. o_O

Senior Member vanBasten is on a distinguished road vanBasten's Avatar
    use "video jpg wav" instead "video avins wav"
    i had the same problem before.
    "THE CHILI PEPPERS HAVE BABY APPEAL"

But then i first have to convert those images in a video file.. Seems for me like an unnecesary circumstance.. And with jpg i allready have a compressed format.. Is it possible to get a good quality out of this?

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    These so-called "elitist experts" are actually just using common sense. Only a VERY high-end computer should be able to play COMPLETELY UNCOMPRESSED VIDEO AT 120FPS. That alone is enough reason for us to think, "hmm. Maybe I should COMPRESS this somehow?", let alone the fact that Wolfcam has NO REASON to encode or compress the outputted video, ESPECIALLY when you realize that it outputs INDIVIDUAL IMAGES, whether they be jpg or tga. Those aren't video files, in case you hadn't noticed.

I'm also pretty sure I mentioned that the outputted avi SHOULD PLAY ****ING SLOWLY.
    Well, in the past I used to use Fraps, which does run a bit slow while it is recording, but the outputted file is smooth and fast, even on a 5-year old PC - so since it was able to accomplish that I figured Wolfcam would be able to do the same. It's not because I'm stupid, it's because of past experience. Don't just jump to conclusions man, a bit of critical thinking would make a world of difference.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 12-20-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdl View Post
    But then i first have to convert those images in a video file.. Seems for me like an unnecesary circumstance.. And with jpg i allready have a compressed format.. Is it possible to get a good quality out of this?
    So you think jpg is lower quality than tga or avi? Funny!

I thought that, yes, because jpeg is a compressed image format.. o_O
    And how did you manage the problem with Premiere with all those single screenshots? did you first make an .avi vid with an external application out of those? or did you make .avi vids with Premiere out of it and load these into you video projekt? Or did you just load all the single screenshots into the main video projekt? last solution would suck ass i think.. o_O

Member dulu is on a distinguished road
    heeeeelp plzzz ;(

+ Reply to Thread